Involves the provision of patient-level financial and clinical data and analysis to inform the medical center or health system's operational, financial, and strategic decision-making for Adult Services. Includes ROI review for capital and value improvement projects, the development of a case-based operating budget for patient volume, detailed utilization projections, and gross revenue. Oversees the Adult service line profitability reporting, cost accounting, and the decision support system integration of clinical and financial data in a patient-centric repository. Provides for the measurement and benchmarking of business operations concerning best business practices for the healthcare industry and internal business objectives.
The final salary and offer components are subject to additional approvals based on UC policy. To see the salary range for this position (we recommend that you make a note of the job code and use that to look up): TCS Non-Academic Titles Search (ucop.edu) Please note: An offer will take into consideration the experience of the final candidate AND the current salary level of individuals working at UCSF in a similar role. For roles covered by a bargaining unit agreement, there will be specific rules about where a new hire would be placed on the range. To learn more about the benefits of working at UCSF, including total compensation, please visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
The UCSF Health Adult Services brings clinical and research service capabilities into a unified structure and single operating unit, achieving strategic, operational, and financial alignment between the School of Medicine, Medical Group, and Adult Clinical Services as well as provider affiliates. Its structure streamlines decision-making, strengthens the ability to act with one voice, and ensures accountability at every point to execute collectively agreed-upon commitment to excellence and efficiency. The UCSF Health Adult Services 2020 vision is to provide innovative, high-quality, cost-competitive clinical services, and deliver an unparalleled patient experience across the entire care continuum.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or a related field with or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five or more years of Healthcare Decision Support, or Financial Analysis experience.
- In-depth understanding of decision support systems, with knowledge of business statistics, quantitative methods, relational databases, business development scorecards, data modeling, and performance and profitability analysis.
- In-depth knowledge of issues and aspects of clinical finance, planning, financial data management, budget development, and business development. Proficiency in utilizing the tools to produce comprehensive, studies and actionable intelligence.
- Advanced organizational and project management skills, and ability to lead a team, prioritize tasks, and see projects through from inception to completion on schedule.
- Advanced interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead projects and teams and collaborate productively on highly complex projects with key personnel at all professional and technical levels.
- Advanced written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to interpret and convey highly sophisticated technical and financial information in a clear, concise manner, and to make cogent presentations of analyses, reports, and investigation results.
- Advanced problem-solving skills analytical ability, and in-depth knowledge of documentation and reporting, with the ability to run highly complex queries and studies, collect and analyze financial and performance data, and produce relevant, meaningful reports, analyses, and forecasts.
- In-depth ability to work with senior staff and managers across departments, serving as a technical leader and information resource in decision support, and providing recommendations and advice on decision support processes, business and financial issues,
- Advanced knowledge/experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience working with patient financial data in an acute hospital setting. Exposure to analysis at both the summary and detail level
- Familiarity with both professional and hospital/technical patient billing data and associated metrics.
- Experience at an academic medical center.
- Experience with commonly used healthcare data sources (e.g., UHC’s CDB/RM or ODB/Action OI databases, Sg2, etc.).
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.