Assistant Professor of Practice - Alvarez College of Business, Finance
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job ID: 11361
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Org Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio Department of Finance has an opening for a full-time, fixed-term track faculty at the level of Assistant Professor of Practice, starting Fall 2024. Position is renewable every three years, subject to university funding and a performance review. The department offers B.B.A, Master of Science and PhD. degrees in Finance.
Posting End Date: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. However, to ensure the fullest consideration please submit your materials no later than April 10, 2024. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Salary Range: Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Hours: up to 40 hours per week, exempt.
Required Application Materials:
• Resume is required.
• Cover Letter is preferred.
• Contact information for three professional references.
• Teaching, ratings, and feedback where available.
The candidate should be able and willing to teach courses in the undergraduate programs in Finance, with primarily face-to-face modality.
• Holding office hours and participating in general departmental activities.
• The candidate is expected to teach up to eight courses per year.
• Depending upon the level of service activities or administrative responsibilities, the teaching load can vary by two courses per year.
• Candidates who will take a more active role in developing and growing the undergraduate programs of the department.
• Master's degree in Finance or related field with significant professional experience.
• Ph.D. in Finance or related field.
• UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
• This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
• Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire.
This position will be primarily located on campus. Travel and parking expenses are the employee's responsibility.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://apptrkr.com/4959975