The Finance Department of the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Business prides itself on an undergraduate program that consistently ranks near the top of all schools in the United States, a master's program that focuses student learning in niche areas, and a Ph.D. program that trains world-class researchers. Our curriculum offers an enviable range of courses and topics from basic concepts that all beginning students should know, to specific topics of current interest found in applied programs. We are also proud to be part of a great university with excellent resources available to both faculty and students. The Wisconsin School of Business currently enrolls approximately 3500 undergraduates sophomore/junior/senior level), 400 masters, and 80 PhD students
- Create and maintain a strong program of research
- Teach undergraduate and graduate level courses in the Wisconsin School of Business - Provide classroom and individual instruction for undergraduate and graduate degree-seeking students and be willing to incorporate real world applications and case studies into the curriculum.
- The candidate is expected to take a leadership role in the Puelicher Center.
- Contribute to the intellectual and academic life of the department. University and community
- service will be expected as appropriate.
PhD - Ph.D. in Finance or related field is required
Diversity and inclusion are primary values for the Wisconsin School of Business and are integral to achieving our strategic goals. We seek candidates with an awareness of and commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion across all spectrums. Our school is committed to continuously increasing the cultural competence of its staff and faculty members through school-wide forums and professional development opportunities.
How to Apply:
Please click on "Apply Now" to begin the application process. You will be asked to include the following as a single pdf document:
(a) Statement of interest
(b) Full curriculum vitae
(c) A brief statement of current and future research interests and at least one working paper.
Finalists will be asked to provide names of three references who are well-respected authorities in the field during the final steps of the hiring process. The hiring unit will notify finalists prior to any communication with these references.
The deadline for assuring full consideration is December 2, 2023. However, the position will remain open and applications may be considered until the position is filled.
To ensure consideration, application must be received by: December 2, 2023.
It is anticipated this position requires work be performed in-person, onsite, at a designated campus work location.