Assistant Professor in Financial Technology
Office of the Dean - MTSM
Dean, Martin Tuchman School of Management
The Martin Tuchman School of Management at New Jersey Institute of Technology invites applications for a full-time tenure-track Assistant Professor faculty position in Financial Technology (FinTech) starting Fall 2024. Candidates must have earned their doctoral degree in finance, computer science/data science or related fields. Successful candidates must demonstrate a record of scholarly accomplishments in FinTech and a commitment to contributing original research into leading peer-reviewed publications. The individual must have completed the doctorate at time of appointment in September 2024.
- The main duties of the position include teaching, research and service/outreach.
- The candidate must demonstrate a record of scholarly accomplishment and a commitment to contributing original research into leading peer reviewed publications.
- The faculty is also expected to actively engage in various Program, School, and Institute committees and participate in community service. Excellent interpersonal, communication and management skills are also required.
- The candidate must be capable of delivering excellent instruction in a full array of courses, face-to-face and online, at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Applicants must have a doctorate degree by September 2024 in Finance, Business Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning, or related fields with an emphasis on financial technology, and outstanding academic credentials that demonstrate their ability to conduct independent world-class research.
- The successful candidate is also expected to show a commitment to both undergraduate and graduate education.
- At the university's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be exempted where the candidate can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the university, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Applications must be submitted at jobs.njit.edu search ReqID: req5587. Include curriculum vitae, statement of teaching and research interests, and list of three references.
- The application deadline is December 15, 2023. Applications will continue to be reviewed after this date until the position is filled.
About the School:
Martin Tuchman School of Management is accredited by AACSB. It offers a full range of undergraduate and graduate programs, including BS, MSM, MBA, and PhD in Business Data Science. MTSM was ranked Top 50 in the nation for its entrepreneurship program by Princeton Review for three consecutive years. MTSM houses the Leir Research Institute for Business, Technology, and Society and multiple active research centers/labs. It also has a strong partnership with the Institute for Data Science.
As an EEO employer, NJIT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive teaching, research, and working environment and strongly encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women.
As a Minority Serving Institution and Asian-American and Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution, diversity is a core value of NJIT and we are committed to make diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, part of everything we do. We celebrate the diversity of our university community and recognize the cultural and personal differences each member of the community brings to NJIT. We strive to cultivate an inclusive campus culture that promotes excellence among our faculty, staff and students. Building a robust and diverse community is critical to NJIT’s continuing status as a premier institution of higher education and a leading polytechnic university.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4736184
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.