Senior Director of Budget, Planning, and Forecasting
Northeastern Illinois University
Northeastern offers a rewarding working environment for our students and employees. Our faculty and staff are smart, dedicated people who work to create an excellent urban university experience for bright and motivated students.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
Collaborate with, and provide leadership and oversight to all University departments and stakeholders in the planning, forecasting, and allocation of budgets.
Under the general direction of the Associate Vice President for Finance and Administration, plan, develop, forecast and execute the University's budgets, including taking responsibility for:
- Providing executive leadership and professional expertise in administering budget plans, processes and procedures, and forecasts for the entire University.
- Presenting and preparing presentations on budgets and budget processes to all stakeholders including the University community, the Board of Trustees, and the State Legislature.
- Evaluating various budget models and assisting with forecasting and analysis.
- Formulating, establishing and implementing administrative policies relating to the budget and budget process.
- Providing financial analysis and support for university departments.
- Preparing and presenting reports to the Board of Trustees (and Finance, Building and Grounds committee) through the annual budget cycle.
- Collaborating with all University departments and areas in developing and planning their budgets.
- Completing special projects as related to the IBHE and other state agencies, including providing reports, analyses, data and information for administrative purposes.
- Preparing the University's annual operating and capital budget requests and necessary documentation for various state officials and the coordination of activities required for justifying these requests.
- Directing the compilation of the internal budget book.
- Projecting the probable revenues for various local fund entities, monitoring revenue and expense throughout the year and approving all changes in budget allocations.
- Directing staff involved in budget operations; developing and implementing policies and procedures designed to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of budget operations and ensure proper budgetary control.
- Functioning as a principal budget advisor to the University community and as a liaison with external agencies, when so required.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
This position requires a master's degree in business, accounting, public administration or a similar field is required) to a bachelor's degree. Candidate must have experience in financial management and must possess the ability to work with large data bases and perform statistical analysis. Candidate must have understanding of Higher Education budgeting, planning, forecasting and processing. A detailed knowledge of Excel or similar spreadsheet software is required. Finally, the individual must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. The position requires all work to be completed on-site (Not eligible for remote work).
(This position requires a background check.)
In order to be considered for employment by Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU), please apply at:
$140,000 - $150,000
Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision benefits, sick and vacation days, and participation in the State Universities Retirement System. This is a full-time, continuing position.
H-1B Visa sponsorship for qualified applicants will be considered on a case by case basis.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as other qualified individuals. Northeastern Illinois University's positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.