Singapore Management University (SMU) invites applications for the position of Research Fellow, Postdoctoral Fellow, and Senior Research Fellow at its Sim Kee Boon Institute for Financial Economics, covering all areas of financial economics (2-year contract). Applications in digital, sustainable, and environmental finance are particularly encouraged.
Singapore Management University (SMU) is a place where high-level professionalism blends with a healthy informality. In the 2022 Shanghai Ranking of finance research, SMU is ranked 31st worldwide and 1st in Asia. In the ASU finance research rankings, based on publications in the Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Economics, Review of Financial Studies and Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis for the 2019-2022 period, SMU is ranked 41st worldwide and 4th in Asia. SMU subscribes to all major financial databases and provides generous research funds to support conference travel and other research activities.
The Sim Kee Boon Institute for Financial Economics (SKBI) aims to promote high-quality academic research as well as a close collaboration with the finance industry. Our commitment to attracting and retaining talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all designed to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
English is the primary language used for education, commerce, and daily life in Singapore. For more information about SMU and SKBI, please visit https://www.smu.edu.sg/ or explore this site. For general information of Singapore, please visit https://www.edb.gov.sg/en/why-singapore/a-great-place-to-live.html.
- Produce high-quality academic research.
- Actively contribute to SKBI organized events (such as conferences) and participate in research grant/funding applications.
- Assist the Director in research developments and training activities.
- (For Senior Fellow) Lead and oversee progress of research activities. Guide research assistants/junior team members when applicable.
- PhD degree or postgraduate degree in relevant fields.
- A strong knowledge and research background in finance or economics
- Excellent research skills, including ability to handle large databases.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation and communication skills
- (For Senior Fellow) Extensive academic and/or practical experience and expertise in related areas; Regional/international network with academia/industry
How to Apply
Applicants who meet all the criteria should submit an application with the following materials at this website: https://skbi.smu.edu.sg/about-skbi/job-openings.
(1) Cover Letter
(3) Recent publications or working papers.
(4) Two letters of reference