- Georgetown University McDonough School of Business
- Washington D.C.
- Competitive and with full benefits
- Closing date
- Jun 10, 2023
- Ph.D. Candidates (Tenure Track, Research), Postdoc (Associate, Fellowship)
- Contract Type
The Steers Center for Global Real Estate seeks a Research Professional for a period of at least one year. Research Professionals work with faculty to collect data, maintain databases, conduct statistical analysis, and provide other support associated with faculty research. This role will work under Professor Francesco D’Acunto assisting in research around policy-relevant topics in sustainability in the context of real estate, finance, and economics.
The preferred start date is August 1, 2023, though other dates may be considered. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports ongoing research projects and faculty by gathering, compiling, processing, and manipulating data. Obtains and organizes information for research from other academic institutions and practitioners. Proofreads and edits citations of funded research reports, working papers, and publications. Maintains effective communication with all members of the faculty and outside institutions.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Prompt, thorough, and independent carrying out of responsibilities. Feedback from faculty, staff, and post-doctoral fellows.
- Reports to Professor D’Acunto
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree required by start date. Possess a strong quantitative background and strong computer skills including programming. At least one year of research experience required by start date; experience gained in school counts towards the requirement. Relevant research experience preferred. Familiarity with at least one mathematical and statistics software such as Stata, SAS and Matlab required. Knowledge of research techniques or methods required. Analytical and problem solving skills required. Excellent and professional verbal, written, and presentation skills, as well as organizational skills and attention to detail, required. Strong problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously are required.
Ability to work well independently, as well as with others, and to meet deadlines under pressure is required. Ability to seek out, coordinate, and appropriately disseminate information required. Strong computer skills required, including solid Internet research ability. A resume, cover letter, transcripts, and two references are required to be considered for this position.
ABOUT GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY’s MCDONOUGH SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
At Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business, our mission is to build global business knowledge and inspire ethical leaders to serve the common good. Located in Washington, D.C., the McDonough School of Business offers unparalleled access to the world's business, policy, and thought leaders. The school, which attracts faculty and students from around the world, is committed providing a transformational educational experience for undergraduate, MBA, Executive MBA, and Master’s students. The McDonough School of Business has an ongoing commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a fundamental aspect of the Georgetown community.
Your resume, cover letter, transcripts, and two references are required to be considered for this position. Please submit these documents to Interfolio http://apply.interfolio.com/125074. You may send your questions about the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
eorgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert