Monash University Finance Doctoral Information Session
- Monash Business School
- Melbourne (Suburb), Greater Melbourne (Inner) (AU)
- Total scholarship value: Tuition fees plus allowance of $29,000 annually
- Closing date
- Apr 13, 2023
- Ph.D. Candidates (Tenure Track, Research)
- Finance Industry
- Analyst, Business Services, Compliance, Corporate Finance, Fund Management, Investment Banking, Retail Banking, Risk
- Government & Institutions
- Economist, Researcher, Finance Officer, Analyst
2023 Monash University Finance Doctoral Information Session Background:
The doctoral program in the Department of Banking and Finance at Monash University consists of a two-year Master of Commerce (MCom) program plus a three-year PhD program.
The MCom program offers thorough academic grounding in asset pricing, corporate finance, financial intermediation, and behavioural finance. It provides the skills required to undertake original research, such as econometrics, coding, and academic writing and presenting. Students develop a research proposal and write a research thesis, under the guidance of at least two supervisors who are experts in the chosen areas. Upon successful completion of the MCom program, students will progress to our PhD program, working on their doctoral thesis under the supervision of their PhD supervisors. The Finance doctoral program provides students with the opportunities to conduct original research and make significant contributions to the current knowledge of financial markets and institutions. The knowledge, skills, and opportunities in the MCom and PhD program prepare graduates for a research career in reputable universities and research institutions around the world.
Event: In June 2023, the Department of Banking and Finance will hold two information sessions, one in the Netherlands and one in Singapore. The department will cover Economy class return flight tickets and accommodation costs for up to 12 selected candidates to attend each session. The sessions aim to facilitate a better understanding of the doctoral program among potential applicants and will be presented by faculty members. Issues that will be covered during the session include
• The structure of the doctoral program.
• The support the department provides to the candidates (e.g., scholarships, conference reimbursement, data purchase allowance).
• The research areas and publications of the department’s faculty members.
• The application procedure and Q&A. The details of the two sessions are:
Session 1: Monday June 19. Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Session 2: Friday June 23. Location: Singapore, Singapore.
How to apply: If you wish to attend, please email your application to
Dr. Ying Dou (email@example.com) with “2023 MCom Information Session” in the subject line.
Your application should contain the following information.
• A cover page where you state why you are interested in doing a PhD at Monash University, any research experience and/or research interest you have had so far, and your plan after completing the PhD;
• Your CV
• Your most recent academic transcript
• Any other documents that you think are relevant. Please combine all the above documents into one single PDF file and attach it to your email
Applications close at 5 pm (Melbourne Time) Monday, April 24. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by Monday, May 1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert