Part-time Instructor, Finance Division
- Sauder School of Business, Finance Division, University of British Columbia
- Vancouver, British Columbia (CA)
- Subject to final budgetary approval.
- Closing date
- Mar 31, 2023
The University of British Columbia
Sauder School of Business
The UBC Sauder School of Business is seeking applicant(s) for Part-time instructor(s) to teach finance courses beginning September 1, 2023.
• An undergraduate degree in finance, economics, or closely related fields is required; preferably also a MSc or PhD in finance, economics, or closely related fields.
• Experience in the finance industry and a CFA designation are also a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to instruct in face-to-face classroom, blended, and on-line teaching environments (e.g., strong teaching evaluations, teaching awards, etc.).
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other instructors and staff.
• Demonstrated ability to use learning management systems, classroom technology, and innovative pedagogical approaches to create engaging learning experiences.
• Willingness to support student activities such as coaching case competitions, and providing career development guidance.
Responsibilities: The position will focus primarily on teaching courses in the Bachelor of Commerce Finance program and may include teaching in professional graduate programs in business. Other responsibilities and expectations include: Liaising with faculty members to prepare syllabus and course materials, active participation in faculty and undergraduate/graduate program preparatory and review meetings, course development in accordance with faculty members, holding office hours and related activities for students. We also expect the candidate to actively engage in professional development.
Application Procedure: Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest that includes a statement of teaching philosophy, a resume or CV, prior course evaluations and two letters of reference to:
UBC Sauder School of Business
University of British Columbia
2053 Main Mall
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z2
A teaching demonstration may be required as part of the interview process.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equity and diversity are essential to academic excellence. An open and diverse community fosters the inclusion of voices that have been underrepresented or discouraged. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
UBC hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert