Vice President for Finance and Administration
New River Community College (NRCC) is a comprehensive community college located in the New River Valley of Virginia. At NRCC you can prepare for the future with any of our various occupational programs or college transfer courses. NRCC faculty members are well known not just for their academic background, but also for their capacity to work closely and effectively with students. You’ll find that they have a genuine interest in your success. They also have excellent academic credentials. All faculty who teach college transfer courses have doctorates or master’s degrees, while those in occupational programs have a diverse background which combines academics with practical on-the-job experience. In recent years individual professors and college programs have received state and national awards for their quality.
The Vice President for Finance and Administration (VPFA) is responsible for executive leadership related to the planning, execution, and assessment of NRCC’s business and financial operations and resource allocations. Reporting directly to the president and serving on the college’s executive leadership team, the VPFA has primary responsibility for finance, budget, technology services, data systems, facilities management, capital outlay, procurement, human resources, auxiliary services, campus safety, emergency planning and threat assessment management, and general administration. The VPFA oversees the institutional processes for operational, strategic, and capital budgets; financial systems and policies; and compliance with applicable federal and state regulations and laws.
- Develop and implement financial strategies to support the long-term financial stability of the college.
- Manage the budget and financial planning process, including preparing and analyzing financial reports, and making budget adjustments as necessary.
- Provide leadership for the integration of information technology systems into all administrative and teaching and learning functions of the college.
- Oversee renovation and maintenance of facilities and grounds.
- Direct processes and reporting requirements for campus safety, emergency planning, and threat assessment management.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal and state regulations and laws.
- Work collaboratively with the college’s senior leadership team to develop and implement strategies to support the mission, goals, and operations of the college.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A master’s degree in an appropriate discipline (e.g., business administration, public administration, accounting, finance) from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Demonstrated senior management experience in leading effective finance/budget/administrative operations in a complex organization with a significant budget and payroll.
- Experience in leading the development and implementation of information technology systems planning, infrastructure, and services.
- Experience with facilities management and capital projects.
- Excellent leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High ethical standards with a commitment to excellence and integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative manner in a team-oriented environment
Three current letters of recommendation are required.
Preferred Qualifications: Previous successful experience in leading finance/budget/administrative operations in a public, postsecondary educational institution or system.
Go to https://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/57529 to view the full job posting and/or to apply.
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.