This position is based in Brisbane, CA and you may have the ability to work from home, based on business needs.
The Senior Financial Analyst position supports the finance activities, including decision support, variance analysis, costing, business/service line reporting, and other operational reporting. The Senior Financial Analyst possesses strong analytic capabilities in order to perform routine and ad hoc financial reviews in support of operations. This includes, but is not limited to, extracting large amounts of data from multiple sources and formulating it into clear, meaningful reports to facilitate decision support, preparing and analyzing operating reports, variance analysis, comparisons to benchmarks, trend analysis, reviews, and business planning. The Senior Financial Analyst fosters trusted relationships with key stakeholders and participates as a team member in strategic projects and ad hoc analysis, as needed.
Performs analytics and provides insight into the review of UCSF Health's financial performance, including the performance of individual departments and cost centers incorporated into the preparation and review of monthly results versus budget. Ability to interpret, summarize, and effectively communicate variances to management including the CFO with recommended actions to align operations with financial targets.
Prepares automated and actionable financial reports and dashboards to support business partners in Finance and Operations in all clinical practices and departments based on financial, operational, and clinical data derived from multiple sources. Creates models/financial analysis tools that are used to create presentations to Senior Leadership and the Board that assist in understanding progress towards achieving organizational goals at the Faculty Practice level (e.g. payor mix data analysis, clinic profitability, staff productivity, physician payments, business, and service line reporting).
Prepares ad-hoc analysis to facilitate executive decisions making e.g. productivity benchmarking, profitability analysis of business lines, investment planning, M&A financial planning, etc. Actively participates in the process of re-engineering and IT implementation.
UCSF has more than one million patient visits and 46,000 hospital admissions per year. We are one of the top five medical centers in the US, recognized worldwide for our innovative patient care, advanced technology, and pioneering research. UCSF Health is the organizational umbrella for clinical services provided by the UCSF Medical Center with multiple locations in San Francisco, the UCSF Physician Organization, Benioff’s Children’s Hospital in Oakland, and various provider affiliates. UCSF Health’s vision is to provide innovative, high-quality, cost-competitive clinical services, and deliver an unparalleled patient experience across the entire care continuum.
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who will play a key role in supporting finance and Accounting. This position will provide business intelligence, lead month-end close activities, conduct financial performance management and variance analysis, support profitability analysis, and add financial insight into special initiatives that support the organization's overall strategic direction. The candidate builds trusted relationships with key stakeholders in Finance and Clinical Operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Three years or more experience in decision support/financial management, preferably in a physician practice or hospital setting.
- Knowledge of clinical, financial, and business information technology software, hardware, tools, techniques, and systems. (e.g. MS Word, PowerPoint, and MS Project).
- Proficiency in the use of integrated financial reporting tools and underlying data warehouse and cost accounting methodologies.
- Finance/Financial Management, Analysis, and Modeling Strong problem-solving and analytical skills. Ability to analyze data utilizing defined but different processes. Problem-solving with data frequently requires independent interpretation of guidelines.
- Cost Accounting knowledge, interpreting Cost Accounting results, and presenting recommendations to Senior Leadership. Interpreting Financial Results and presenting recommendations to Senior Leadership,
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret, and document trends and variances timely (on an ad hoc, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis).
- Master’s Degree
- Thorough knowledge of healthcare decision support systems and best practices, as well as clinical finance and cost accounting principles.
- Industry knowledge with hospitals, physician groups, health plans, or academic medical centers.
Ability to work well in a collegial environment.
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.