Chang Gung University, TAIWAN
Assistant, Associate, and Full Professors of Finance, FinTech, or Information Management
The Department of Digital Financial Technology at Chang Gung University (CGU) invites international applications for full-time Assistant, Associate and Full Professors, with start dates by August 2023, in the areas of big data analysis, corporate finance, fintech, investment, or application of AI techniques in Finance, etc.. Successful candidates will be appointed at the level of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor according to qualifications. There are up to 3 positions to be filled, and possibly more if exceptionally qualified candidates are received.
1. We are looking for: Full-time Assistant/ Associate/ Full Professors with a Ph.D. in finance, information system, information management, computer science, business analytics or financial informatics; preferred research areas are (1) fintech, (2) data mining and machine learning, (3) financial innovations, (4) digital marketing, or (5) smart commerce.
Other Preferred Professional Quality & Experiences: (1) Enthusiastic about teaching and research in the areas of financial innovations, fintech, data mining and machine learning, digital marketing, or smart commerce, and will be able to offer related courses in English. (2) Experiences in teaching (undergraduate- or graduate-level courses) or proven research track in: finance, information and management theories, computer science, business analytics, or information systems in financial application.
2. Application Deadline: February 28, 2023
(1) Application materials will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. Interview date/time will be set up promptly if an application has received a favorable review process. (2) Online interviews can be arranged during the COVID-19 pandemic when border controls are strictly enforced. (3) Chang Gung University is an equal-opportunity employer following the international standard for diversity and inclusion. Applicants from all regions and nationalities are welcome.
3. Starting Date: August 2023
4. CGU Department of Digital Financial Technology offers internationally competitive compensation package commensurate to your professional experience.
5. Application documents: (1) Cover letter (max. one-page), please indicate your preferred starting date. (2) CV with detailed higher education degrees (undergraduate to Ph.D.), professional experiences, research statement, publication list and a list of 3 professional references. (3) Please submit your application in PDF files or a cloud storage link with the email subject “Apply to CGU Faculty Position in Dept. of Digital Financial Technology (Applicant’s Name)” to: Professor San-Lin Chung, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Chang Gung University (CGU) Taiwan
Chang Gung University (CGU), a contemporary and research-directed university with entrepreneurial spirits, was established by the founding Wang family of the Formosa Plastics Group. CGU is highly ranked globally in the QS World Universities Rankings 2023, and in the top 5 among the 151 universities in Taiwan. CGU has 4 colleges: College of Medicine, College of Engineering, College of Management, and College of Intelligent Computing. CGU College of Management currently has 4 departments including the Department of Information Management, and 3 graduate programs (incl. MBA and EMBA), and the “Business Analytics Research Center (BARC)” as the interdisciplinary college-wide research center engaging in international research projects; CGU College of Management is AACSB accredited.
The University offers a student-faculty ratio of 11:1, with 6,930 students, 592 full-time faculty and 681 adjunct faculty members. CGU strives for excellence in research, teaching, and innovative technology commercialization. Under close ties with the Formosa Plastics Group and the Chang Gung Medical Foundation (the largest hospital system in Taiwan), CGU enjoys abundant research resources on manufacturing and medical services and has established itself as a top-class university that prepares its graduates for personal and professional success. CGU is located in the suburban area of the Taipei city, about 30 minutes to the city center by Metro Rapid Transit. For details about Chang Gung University, please visit https://www.cgu.edu.tw/index.php?Lang=en