Multiple Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in Finance and Economics
Peking University HSBC Business School (PHBS) invites well-qualified candidates for multiple positions at all levels (Assistant/Associate/Full Professor) and in all areas of Finance and Economics to work mainly in the UK Campus in Oxfordshire. Faculty from the UK campus also visit PHBS Shenzhen campus in China periodically to teach or for research which will be encompassed in the role. Salary is highly competitive and is in accordance with applicants' qualifications and experiences.
Established academics looking for a part-time faculty position may also be considered.
We expect that the successful candidates will take their posts in August 2023.
1. Applicants should hold a Ph.D. degree or expect to receive one before July 2023.
2. Junior candidates must demonstrate high potential in research, teaching, and academic support services.
3. Senior candidates must have an excellent track record of research, teaching, and academic support service accomplishments.
- Developing and delivering teaching using a range of methodologies and approaches across a wide range of topics within your subject area.
- Actively contributing to research projects either collaboratively or as an individual, contributing to a high-quality research profile for the School.
- Supervising dissertations and taking on academic-related administrative or managerial duties.
PHBS is one of China's most internationalized business schools, with nearly 25% of its faculty being international from Western and other Asian countries. English is used as the working language for teaching and administration. PHBS is located in the thriving entrepreneurial city of Shenzhen, adjacent to the financial hub of Hong Kong. In contrast, the UK Campus of PHBS is located in Oxfordshire, about 3 miles from Oxford City and about 45 miles west of London.
The PHBS UK Campus is the first overseas Campus of Peking University located outside China. The UK Campus currently runs various programs: the postgraduate program in Finance and Management, the short visiting study program for Chinese domestic students of Peking University, and the international MBA program just launched in 2021. Full-time faculty members of PHBS UK will need to teach for a module or a 9-week term (or more) at the PHBS Shenzhen Campus in China.
Peking University is one of the top universities in mainland China, ranked 12th in the 2023 QS World University Ranking.
To apply, please complete the online application form through this link (https://apply.interfolio.com/116163) and provide a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, a sample research paper, three reference letters (sent independently by the authors), and evidence of past teaching. Applications must be received by December 14, 2022, to be guaranteed full consideration. We will continue to accept applications beyond this date if the posts are not filled.
Recruiting Committee, Peking University HSBC Business School, University Town, Nanshan District, Shenzhen 518055, China.
Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit www.phbs.pku.edu.cn or www.pku.org.uk