The Finance Department at Fairfield University invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor or Instructor of the Practice in the Dolan School of Business to begin Fall 2023 in the area of FinTech. This is a non-tenure track, full time, fixed term, renewable position. Candidates must be able to teach a variety of FinTech and general finance classes at both graduate and undergraduate levels. Candidates will be expected to contribute to curriculum design. Candidates should show a commitment to excellence in teaching, innovation and demonstrated excellence in using technology in the classroom.
- Teaching eight classes for the academic year at the undergraduate and graduate levels, including possibly in international programs such as Shanghai MBA. Teaching assignments may require teaching day, evening, week-end, face-to-face, hybrid and online. Teaching may occur during Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer semesters.
- Academic advising for students and providing career guidance.
- Providing service to the program, the Dolan School of Business, the university, and the community at-large as necessary and appropriate. Such service might include the design of new programs.
- Keeping the department and school current on industry practices and innovation.
Candidates, at minimum, must have an M.S. or M.B.A in business or related field from an accredited institution and a minimum of 5 years of professional experience.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only complete files will be reviewed by the search committee. For full consideration, please click “https://ffd.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/EmploymentOpportunities/details/Assistant-Professor-of-the-Practice--Finance_JR0001505” and upload the following materials:
1. cover letter that clearly states area of expertise and provides detailed description of industry experience in the area of FinTech, cover letter should also discuss teaching experience and/or teaching philosophy
2. curriculum vitae,
3. examples of syllabi and teaching evaluations, if available
4. contact information for three or more professional references.
Note: If you have more than 5 documents to upload to your application, please combine them into 5 or less documents or submit additional documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact Katsiaryna Bardos (email@example.com) with questions.
About Fairfield University
Fairfield University, founded in 1942, is a Jesuit, Catholic institution, located in the scenic shoreline community of Fairfield, CT, one hour from New York City along Long Island Sound. The University’s 200-acre campus includes five College and Professional Schools that enroll approximately 4,800 undergraduate students and 1,200 graduate students. The Dolan School of Business educates almost half of the University’s undergraduate students and a third of the University’s graduate students.
The Dolan School of Business, which has just moved to a state-of-the-art building in Fall 2019, is AACSB International accredited. Its specialty graduate and undergraduate programs are ranked in the top 25 in the nation by US News and World Report.
Fairfield University, as an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes applications from persons of color, women, veterans, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities. Fairfield University, as a modern Jesuit Catholic institution, animates our commitment to advancing inclusive excellence through cultivating the most diverse community possible through the four pillars of our Diversity and Inclusive Excellence Mission Statement