Director, AU Online Finance & Administration Operations
Job ID: 245848
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Master's degree from an accredited college or university In a related field. Five years of progressively responsible financial management experience, particularly in an online academic setting. Experience in a self-supporting environment (generating revenue and controlling expenses), including experience developing and managing budgets.
Experience managing a financial planning or administrative function and team. An ability to work with and maintain effective, collaborative, and professional relationships with academic and administrative department managers as well as external clients and instructors. Ability ta work at management level, but willingness and acumen to perform hands-on tasks.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of online operations and finance
• Analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations demonstrating organization and problem-solving skills
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills
• Knowledge of university policies and procedures
• Skill in using business and financial software systems and web-based financial tools
• Thorough attention to detail, project management and organizational skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
Experience in higher education recruitment and enrollment management advertising and communications; business intelligence systems and quantitative analysis.
The duties include but are not limited to:
• Leadership, Strategic Planning, and Financial Administrative Management Under the direction of the Dean and Associate Provost, this role collaborates with AU Online program directors, program managers, online instructors, and school and campus faculty on short- and long-term financial and strategic planning. Collaborates with financial departments across the university to achieve strategic goals.
• Participates in organizational strategic planning and policymaking, as appropriate, manages the daily financial and administrative operations of AU Online. Oversees the administration, management, and long-term managerial planning of all standard administrative support activities (e,g,, budget administration, personnel management, facilities management, inventory, procurement, and office management).
• Solicits input into and presents the financial budget and plan for the unit
• Anticipates future needs, risks, and opportunities, and works in a highly effective and collaborative manner across internal and external organizations with individuals of all backgrounds and cultures.
• Ensures a close and productive relationship with appropriate campus schools and the college at AU and develops professional alliances beyond AU to further AU's and AU Online's education goals.
• Identifies, creates, and implements financial strategy for online course delivery, student retention, and marketing.
• Identifies, creates, and implements an outreach strategy that expands AU Online as a campus resource, as an online education leader, and as a preferred choice for online learners. Responsible for the recruitment, supervision and professional growth and development of the business managers/analysts assigned to AU Online.
• Represents the organization positively and confidently. Creates a climate that fosters personal investment, customer service, and performance excellence.
• Represents and advocates for operational resource needs to the Dean and Associate Provost, including staffing resource and technical needs.
Establishes and Manages AU Online Annual Budget and Plan:
• Responsible for the production of an annual budget, financial management, and achievement of online program goals In a fully self-supporting environment.
• Monitors annual budget and makes appropriate adjustments during the year.
• Tracks budget performance for online degrees each term in consultation with the Dean and Associate Provost's Office.
• Periodically analyzes and monitors revenue, expenditures and budgets and makes adjustments to achieve budgetary goals.
• In consultation with the Dean and Associate Provost and program offices, negotiates instructor compensation and other course-related expenses.
• Reviews and approves payment requests, invoices, reimbursements, and purchase orders.
Manages Program-Level Administration and Financials:
• Plays key role in departmental leadership through interactions with faculty and staff regarding unit financials, policy, procedures, and philosophy. Exercises sound judgment, strong decision- making skills and initiative in the planning and monitoring of online programing in collaboration with colleges and units. Provides management expertise and creates an infrastructure to support AU Online. A key aspect of this role is to work closely with Deans and their Financial Administrators, as well as university Finance teams, to define program level financials, resourcing, student aid and other support needs, as well as performance outcomes and reporting for AU Online. Much of this work will be embodied in the creation of an "online program performance tool" that will be used to evaluate the financials of a prospective or current online program - Including the costs of managing the program as well as periodic forecasting of revenue and expenses to determine the achievement of performance goals.
• Defines and manages the online performance tool for managing online program forecasts.
• Communicates effectively about the tool, Its uses, hurdle rates required for AU online programs, degrees, certificates, etc.
• Devises and directs workflow processes for various groups to build and manage the program-level financials.
• Collaborates effectively with university financial and administrative departments, including, but not limited to, Deans Offices, the Office of Finance, Financial Aid, Registrars Office, Institutional Effectiveness, University HR Services, Office of Legal Affairs, and Information Technology.
• Designs, monitors, and reports on all program-level performance measures as they related to the financial basis of the organization, and support the overall performance reporting system.
• Demonstrates leadership, exhibits versatility, and promotes collaboration and teamwork between AU Online and the university.
• Promotes the free flow of information through all levels of the organization as an effective communicator and encourages the open expression of ideas and opinions, and recommends enhancements to improve the flow of information.
Oversees Policies, Procedures and Contracts for AU Online:
• This role informs the Policies, Procedures and Processes associated with all aspects of online education including, but not limited to, practicums, clinicals and other professional certification requirements, student services, and all aspects of academic program delivery. Identify university, state, and local policies that impact core operations of AU Online.
• Manages and Implements systems necessary to enable the effective financial management of AU online, in alignment with university policies, ranging from data security to consistent accounting methods and standards.
• Oversees the procurement process for AU Online to adhere with university policies.
• Manages federal, regional and state policies, procedures, and accreditation rules to ensure compliance activities for the unit.
• Manages administrative and HR processes to ensure AU Online leadership and staff are well supported by administrative and HR policies and processes.
• Collaborates with institutional effectiveness on all institutional reporting requirements and oversees reporting to all university units associated with AU Online.
Informs AU Budget, Policy and Financial Administration Processes:
• To effectively support AU Online, the Executive Director will be involved in broader university finance, policy, and administrative activities to ensure AU Online is well represented and integrated in the broader functioning of the university. This role will serve in a leadership capacity in collaborating on university policies and procedures that pertain to AU Online both within and external to the university, at the direction of the Dean and Associate Provost.
• In collaboration with university and Provost finance, participates in university wide budget and planning efforts to ensure AU online remains aligned to university priorities
• Participates in all key administrative and financial councils to shape and inform university policy with an eye toward online education
• Works with the USG (University System of Georgia) to establish pricing, aid, and other policies and procedures that impact AU online
• Collaborates with Deans Offices, the Office of Finance, Financial Aid, Registrar's Office, Institutional Effectiveness, University HR Services, Office of Legal Affairs, and Information Technology to ensure integrated and seamless financial administration and budgeting process. Owns the development and approval of the AU Annual Budget with the Dean and Associate Provost.
• All other duties as assigned
Reporting to the Dean and Associate Provost, the Director of Finance and Operations for AU Online leads the development and management of the unit's financial and administrative operations. This role manages the annual and multi-year budget and operating planning process, forecasting, performance measurement, procurement, and other policies that impact risks associated with an online university.
Shift: M-F((work outside of the normal business hours will likely be required of an employee in an exempt level position)
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position
Recruitment Period: 6/29/2022 - Until Filled
Conditions of Employment
All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.
This position will require the acquisition of a P-Card and/or handle cash, credit or other sensitive information and will require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check as a condition of employment.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3258174