Research Affiliates is committed to being the preeminent source of insights and products that transform the global investment community for the benefit of investors. Demonstrating our strong research focus, RA partners with some of the world’s leading financial institutions to distribute market-changing products in quantitative fundamental equities and multi-asset tactical allocation (stocks, bonds, credit, currencies, and commodities). Our high-reaching edge is the strength of our research, our product development capabilities, and our focus on culture. We support principles of sustainability and diversity.
As a Senior Researcher (Signal Research), you will apply quantitative research techniques to better understand the drivers of risk and expected return within and/or across asset classes; analyze and develop new signals and craft them into quantitative investment strategies; and communicate this research clearly through writing and/or presentations. You will independently define and carry out research projects and/or collaborate with others on long- term research projects. You should possess strong teamwork skills with the ability and desire to discuss actively both theories and empirical methods with the research team.
Ph.D. candidates, academics, and industry professionals with intellectual curiosity, creative thinking, and the desire to develop and advance next-generation systematic investment strategies are encouraged to apply. Those who match Research Affiliates’ cultural values will possess curiosity and a willingness to continually learn, be authentic in their interactions with others, take responsibility for their actions, and be strong collaborators.
- Develop new quantitative signals and portfolio construction methodologies as well as other enhancements as potential alpha sources for the firm’s strategies.
- Collaborate with other researchers to publish articles in leading industry or academic journals and present research at internal seminars and external conferences.
- Assist in portfolio implementation and other operations.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Ph.D. in Finance
- or Ph.D. in Economics (with research in finance)
- or Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline (like mathematics, statistics, physics, operations research, electrical engineering, or computer science) plus 2+ years of relevant experience in investment management
- Data analysis experience with self-sufficiency in one or more programming languages; Python experience is a plus
- Modeling intuition; creativity; analytical, mathematical and statistical skills
- Strong writing skills (demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications, Ph.D. dissertation, or white papers) and strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Familiarity with cross-sectional equity, multi-asset, financial and/or macroeconomic databases is a plus
Please include ALL of the following information: resume (including US working status), cover letter, writing sample.