As one of the world’s leading asset managers, we are solely dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. If you're looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, explore your potential at Invesco.
Invesco is seeking a Quantitative Research Analyst in Atlanta, New York City, or Boston for the Systematic and Factor Investing (SFI) team. The SFI team collectively comprises approximately 80 investment professionals managing Invesco’s systematic and factor-based investment strategies across equities, fixed income, commodities, and multi-asset, including Invesco’s customized index creation team.
- Develop and enhance quantitative and factor-based investment strategies for institutional and retail clients globally.
- Help investigate, explore, and identify tools, techniques, and metrics offering greater insight & perspective on portfolios to enhance value-add to clients.
- Help manage information including data and other analytics.
- Participate in the development and evolution of alpha and portfolio construction of strategies.
- Perform rigorous research and statistical analysis for all aspects of strategy development and ongoing management
The Experience You Bring:
- Experience at a top-tier firm in quantitative research within the financial services industry
- Very strong analytical and mathematical skills, including optimization techniques
- Good coding skills with extensive hands-on experience in R, Python or other languages.
- Experience working in cloud-based environments such as AWS
- Excellent working knowledge of econometrics and statistics including time-series analysis
- Experience with financial databases such as Compustat, Worldscope, DataStream etc. and risk and optimization tools such as Axioma, Barra
- Proven track record of independently planning, coordinating, and executing quantitative research projects
Other Skills / Attributes:
- Passion for quantitative, research driven investment management
- Results oriented, with strong emphasis on high-quality execution
- Demonstrated ownership of quantitative research projects and initiative in developing quantitative research techniques
- Strong demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of constituents, including other quantitative researchers and portfolio managers, client portfolio managers, distribution teams, intermediaries, and clients
- Highly motivated and determined individual able to work collaboratively across groups while staying focused on execution of the core research function
- Team player who reliably and responsibly fulfills their area of responsibility
- Advanced degree in a quantitative (economics, finance or applied mathematics) field highly preferred (PHD, CFA, MBA, Master’s Degree, etc.), with demonstrated academic excellence including high GPAs and standardized test scores
What’s in it for you?
Our people are at the very core of our success. Invesco employees get more out of life through our comprehensive compensation and benefit offerings including:
- Flexible time off and opportunities for a flexible work schedule
- 401(K) matching of 100% up to the first 6% with additional supplemental contribution
- Health & wellbeing benefits
- Parental Leave benefits
- Employee stock purchase plan
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.