The Belk College of Business at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte is seeking a distinguished academic to fill a tenured position as the John Crosland, Sr. Professor in Real Estate and Development. The appointee shall have experience and credentials as a teacher and scholar commensurate with the rank of full or associate professor in the Belk College of Business. In the instance where the candidate is hired as an associate professor, the title of “John Crosland, Sr. Scholar of Real Estate and Development” will be used.
Teaching and research interests in one or more of the following areas: real estate, finance, or urban economics. Active participation in connecting and relationship-building with students, faculty, alumni, and the local business community. Represent the Belk College to the Charlotte regional business community.
- Ph.D. in one of the following areas: finance, real estate, economics, or a closely related field from an accredited university;
- Record of sustained scholarship and international reputation commensurate with appointment to an endowed professorship;
- Demonstrated record of teaching excellence at the undergraduate, graduate, and executive levels;
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills with students, faculty, alumni, and the local business community; and
- Ability and willingness to represent the Belk College to the Charlotte regional business community.