Assistant; Associate or Full Professor of Finance
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
The Department of Finance in the Ivy College of Business at Iowa State University is seeking a tenured/tenure-track open rank position as an Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor to start August 16, 2022.
Ivy Finance faculty members are committed to offering a high quality education in a way that prepares students for their real-world experiences. We combine quality curriculum, a variety of research, internationally-known faculty, and a welcome atmosphere to create an unmatched Finance education, whether students are seeking degrees at the bachelor, masters or PhD level.
Responsibilities include conducting high quality research and teaching at both the graduate and undergraduate levels within the Finance field.
- A Full Professor will be expected to have a research record consistent with being a nationally recognized scholar, to provide leadership in curriculum and program development, and to undertake significant institutional and professional service.
- An Associate Professor will be expected to have a research record that establishes the individual as a significant contributor to the field, to provide leadership in curriculum and program development, and to undertake institutional and professional service.
- An Assistant Professor will be expected to develop a recognized research program, publish in the leading journals, and become an effective teacher.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Doctorate in finance or closely related field.
- Demonstrated potential to perform high quality finance research and teach effectively.
- For those applying for an Assistant Professor position, the doctorate must be completed by start date.
- For consideration to Associate Professor rank, applicants must meet, in addition to the above qualifications, the university standards for appointment to the rank.
- Applicants for Professor must have, in addition to the above qualifications, a strong national and international scholarly reputation.
- Candidates must meet the college’s standards to be Scholarly Academic qualified under AACSB standards.
- Prior industry work experience in finance or a related area.
- For experienced candidates, teaching doctoral-level courses or serving on doctoral student committees.
Department/Program & College Description:
We pride ourselves on our high ethical standards, and our drive to promote an environment where all individuals may succeed academically, professionally, and personally. Each member of our community is committed to the college’s mission to link theory with practice for tomorrow’s business leaders. We lead by example, with our commitment to recruit and retain diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and with our engagement and support of several diversity and inclusion initiatives. The Ivy College of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Less than five percent of the world’s business programs have earned accreditation from AACSB International.
To apply directly for this position, please visit:
We will begin reviewing applicants on October 1, 2021. The position will remain open until filled. We anticipate conducting virtual interviews, as well as in-person interviews. We expect to invite a small number of candidates for campus visits in late 2021 or early 2022.
Iowa State University is an EO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.