Director of Finance & Accounting, Office of Finance & Accounting
Reports to: Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
Position: Regular, Full-Time
Wage Range: DOE
FLSA Status: Exempt
Join our outstanding team! Enjoy 8 paid holidays and 2 weeks' paid vacation, 1 week paid winter break, benefits beyond belief, and excellent learning opportunities!
Applications will not be considered complete unless both a resume and cover letter are uploaded.
Fielding Graduate University is an innovative global community dedicated to educating scholars, leaders, and practitioners in pursuit of a more just and sustainable world. We do this by providing exemplary interdisciplinary programs within a distributed and relational learning model grounded in student-driven inquiry and leading to enhanced knowledge. We are seeking a Director of Finance & Accounting to work out of our headquarters in Santa Barbara on a full-time 37.5-hour per week basis. Due to COVID-19, employment will be a hybrid schedule until we can safely open our Santa Barbara office.
While providing support to the Vice President & Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Finance & Accounting plans, organizes, directs, and manages staff in operations and activities of the Finance, Accounting, Auditing, Purchasing, Payroll, Asset Management, Federal Grant Management and all other financial functions of the organization. The Director of Finance & Accounting and their staff use general ledger and financial reporting systems to produce financial reports in a timely and accurate way and coordinate financial reporting with payroll, student accounts, financial aid and other departments within the University. The manager applies knowledge of GAAP, government regulations, and University policies to ensure compliance, coordinate annual audits, complete timely monthly and year-end closing, daily banking, asset and liability account reconciliations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, accounting or related field; MBA preferred or an equivalent combination of education and previous work experience in a related field.
• Knowledge of GAAP and standard financial practices, tax regulations, internal control procedures, accounts payable, purchasing and payroll
• Minimum 2 years’ experience using Ellucian Colleague Finance
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in general ledger accounting
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a position with a similar level of responsibility
• Minimum 2 years’ experience performing accounting, audit support, accounts payable and supervision
• Minimum 2 years’ management, project leadership, or supervisory experience
• Experience with general ledger processing in an ERP environment.
• Experience with fund accounting or ability to learn.
• Experience with not-for-profit or educational accounting, payroll, and purchasing
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Characteristics:
• Excellent computer skills; strong math, verbal, and written communication skills
• Effective leadership, supervision, motivation and training skills
• Highly proficient in learning and application of new technology and regulations to the duties of the job
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
• Proficient in using sound judgment in the interpretation and communication of policies and complex government regulations
• Proficient in the design and implementation of new and efficient processes in an ERP environment
• Familiarity with financial statement presentation and management reporting
Fielding employees enjoy a friendly and dynamic environment with competitive salaries and excellent benefits which include a 37.5 hour work week, 8 paid holidays and 2 weeks’ paid vacation per year, plus a 1 week paid winter break, medical/dental/vision insurances, Flexible Spending and/or Health Savings Accounts, retirement contributions after one year of service, Childcare Assistance, Tuition Assistance, and professional development opportunities.
Fielding Graduate University utilizes ADP Workforce Now for online applications. You will be prompted to create a user name and password to initiate the application process. Applications will not be considered complete unless both a resume and cover letter are uploaded. Applicants are encouraged to have their employment history, educational information, and professional references on hand while completing the application. The online application process takes approximately 30-60 minutes. Upon completion, applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt via email.
Fielding Graduate University is committed to social justice and diversity, and encourages individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Online Application Link https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=371bf4c2-8681-458c-8b35-722b1fc8d540&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=427389&lang=en_US&
ABOUT FIELDING GRADUATE UNIVERSITY
Fielding Graduate University is an innovative global community dedicated to educating scholars, leaders, and practitioners in pursuit of a more just and sustainable world. We do this by providing exemplary interdisciplinary programs within a distributed and relational learning model grounded in student-driven inquiry and leading to enhanced knowledge. Fielding has approximately 1,050 students and 150 faculty members residing throughout the United States and internationally. Please visit our website at www.fielding.edu to learn more.