The Associate Dean reports directly to the Dean and is a key member of the college leadership team participating in setting college wide strategic priorities. The Associate Dean provides administrative, operational, and programmatic oversight for online and residential MBA, specialty masters, executive education, and graduate certificates. The Associate Dean will collaborate with the Dean, other Associate Deans, Department Chairs and faculty and staff to support existing and develop new innovative graduate and executive education programs.
1. Lead strategic analysis and develop future direction of MBA, specialized graduate masters, executive, and continuing education programs and strategies that support the college mission, strategic plan, and areas of distinction.
2. Provide strategic leadership and staff supervision to effectively execute all operations and processes associated with masters and executive programs, including but not limited to:
a. Enrollment management, recruitment, and admissions processes
b. Curriculum delivery across all modalities (in-person, remote, and blended)
c. lmmersive, high-impact learning experiences including international, internships, and case competitions
d. Executive program residencies and online delivery
e. Student advising and support services
f. Professional and career development and placement
3. In conjunction with the Dean and Assistant Dean of Finance and Administration, develop budgets, provide fiscal oversight, and effectively steward college funds generated by graduate programs.
4. In conjunction with the Dean and Director of Alumni and Community Relations, develop an alumni recognition, relations and engagement strategy that includes MBA, Master of Real Estate Development
(MRED) and other Advisory Councils.
5. Ensure data management and standard reporting for student applicant, admissions and placement monitoring, assessment of learning, accreditation, and rankings, and provide reports for regular program review by the college leadership team.
6. Lead with intentionality regarding establishing a diverse and inclusive culture among staff, faculty, and students.
7. Work closely with department chairs to identify and ensure the sufficiency of qualified instructional faculty.
8. Represent the Harbert College of Business on behalf of the Dean as needed and serve as a collaborative member of the college executive team and Auburn University's Graduate Liaison committee.