Assistant or Associate Professor of Finance, full-time tenure-track
Location: moraga, ca
Open Date: Aug 5, 2021
The School of Economics and Business Administration at Saint Mary's College seeks candidates for a tenure-track faculty position at Assistant or Associate Professor level in finance, to start in Academic Year 2022-2023. Built upon the Catholic values and 150 years of Lasallian tradition in education, Saint Mary's College emphasizes social justice and global perspectives in its scholarly research, curricular and co-curricular programming. We are particularly interested in faculty candidates whose research and teaching interests will contribute to the intellectual activities of the department.
• Candidates will be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate level finance courses that may include corporate finance, investments, portfolio management, international finance, derivatives, risk management, and fixed income analysis. This position at Saint Mary's College requires teaching courses in-person, online and hybrid, and at off-site locations in Silicon Valley and San Ramon.
• Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate active research in the field of finance. The faculty member is responsible for maintaining scholarly academic (SA) qualification per AACSB guidelines.
• Responsibilities include student advising and serving on committees. Candidates are expected to contribute to the mission of the College, which is informed, animated and expressed through its Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions.
Saint Mary's College of California is a private, comprehensive and co-educational institution that engages students in rigorous critical thinking, promotes social justice, and educates the whole person. Recognized among just forty exceptional institutions in “Colleges That Change Lives”—and the first Catholic and first California College to be included—Saint Mary's is praised for its challenging and supportive learning community. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Liberal Arts, Catholic, and Lasallian institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life. Located on a stunning 420 acre campus in the Moraga Hills outside of San Francisco, Saint Mary's is known for its rigorous liberal arts education and high quality graduate programs, including business, education and leadership. Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 highly diverse students, reflecting the College's commitment to the educational benefits of inclusion.
• Candidates must have a doctorate (or an ABD) in finance, or in a closely related field from an AACSB accredited school or equivalent institution.
• Earned doctorate in finance or in a closely related field required, before commencing his or her academic appointment.
• Candidates must be scholarly academic (SA) qualified per AACSB guidelines.
• Demonstrated track record or potential for teaching excellence, scholarly research and publication in the field.
• Ability to teach, advise and mentor a culturally and educationally diverse student body.
• Appreciation of and deep respect for the learning/teaching environment and for the students, staff, and faculty who comprise it, and the willingness to become a stakeholder in the Lasallian commitment to that environment.
• Demonstrated commitment and success working in a diverse and multicultural community.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2457911
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.