Director Productivity Analytics and Support
The Wellforce Integration and Operational Excellence department supports an organization dedicated to continuous improvement. Objectives of this service include effective sponsorship, partnership, accountability, and delivery of consistently high levels of project success: timeliness, within budget, impact. Overall, this department identifies, prioritizes and implements organizational transformation than enables Wellforce to meet its strategic goals and continued growth. This includes providing common support tools to enterprise initiatives for project implementation and integration, results monitoring and assessment, reporting and control processes, auditing and communications.
The Wellforce Director of Productivity Analytics and Support is responsible for coordinating and managing current and planned initiatives related to productivity performance improvement throughout the Wellforce system. This position also leads the financial performance and operational analytics services supporting the performance improvement initiatives of the Integration and Operational Excellence department.
Project Management and Strategy
- Manages and coordinates organization-wide efforts to ensure that productivity standards and programs in all operating areas are developed and managed using a data driven focus that sets priorities for maximum efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Develops and communicates the strategic vision, scope and mission of the Productivity Management function.
- Assures that organization-wide PM productivity initiatives are focused and aligned on improving operational efficiencies and effectiveness; provides leadership and coordination for improving the organization’s core effectiveness and efficiency functions.
- Work to establish project management, tracking and auditing structure to establish consistent project management guidelines for the overall Productivity Performance and Analysis organization.
- Projects involve plan development, industry research, benchmarking, operational feasibility analysis, financial pro-formas, presentation development, and implementation assistance.
- Develop and maintain metrics that provide transparency on project progress and quality.
- Utilize data and metrics to communicate/escalate needs.
Training and Education
- Trains all levels of supervisory and management staff and facility based productivity specialists on productivity and other decision support systems.
- Participates in assessment and opportunity identification, work plan development, and structured implementation planning to achieve all identified integration and performance enhancement opportunities.
- Provides on-going productivity training for all managers /directors with productivity team members.
Financial Planning and Analytics
- Works collaboratively with entity Finance staff in analyzing productivity management.
- Supports development of financial targets for improvement initiatives and manages ongoing tracking of financial performance to target.
- Provides financial analysis in support of business development initiatives and service line expansion.
- Works with department managers and directors on financial analysis for new and existing programs. Supports all aspects of the analysis including capital investments, staffing analysis, other operating costs, statistics, and net revenue assumptions, in order to develop contribution, break-even, and ROI analyses.
- Lead and focus team efforts in data gathering and analysis, data interpretation, process design, and developing solutions to difficult or complex situations to ensure goals and objectives are met.
- Able to work with and capitalize on a diverse group of professional skills and personalities in a team environment including the development and delivery of staff performance evaluations but also able to work independently to drive performance improvements/initiatives.
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of self-awareness and ability to accurately gauge others to appropriately guide thinking and behavior, especially in difficult situations.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and make sound decisions.
- Provides consultative, technical, and decision-making support to management and facility based productivity specialists regarding financial/operational improvement and program development.
- Manage stress appropriately, prioritize work schedule and collaborate with others.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Lean / Six Sigma certification or experience preferred
- A minimum of 10 years relevant hospital operations experience
- Experience in Productivity/Performance Improvement Management is required.
- Experience in productivity benchmarking databases such as ActionOI / Vizient, Premier or similar strongly preferred
- Proven strong attention to detail and data/analytical and process redesign skills (including problem-solving, quantitative reasoning and workflow mapping) in order to oversee the team analysis and process improvement recommendations to create a solution that drives measurable desired results and maintains client and team satisfaction
- Demonstrated experience with financial planning, analysis, and reporting, including financial modeling and pro forma development
- Must have demonstrated skills of project management; problem-solving tools, concepts, and methodologies
- Supervisory and team development experience, including the development and delivery of performance evaluations, coaching and mentoring on a day-to-day basis
- Strong leadership skills; effective interpersonal skills to influence, develop and execute comprehensive solutions
- Demonstrated understanding of work flow process and change management