Visiting Teaching Faculty Positions in Finance
Johns Hopkins Carey Business School invites applications for several positions in the discipline of Finance for the academic year 2021/2022. We would consider visiting positions for an 8-week term, 16-week semester or the full academic year. The exact number of courses to be taught during the visiting appointment is customizable depending on the candidate’s teaching and research interests.
We welcome applications from candidates motivated by the unique opportunity to participate in building a world-class business school at a premier private university.
We are especially interested in candidates with a passion for teaching and a strong record in the classroom, delivering high quality business education to graduate students.
Responsibilities: One of the visiting positions focuses on teaching foundational and advanced courses in Econometrics and related topics. Other visiting faculty positions could teach a variety of finance courses (e.g, Investments, Corporate Finance).
- For the visiting teaching appointments, a PhD in finance or in a related discipline is strongly preferred but a master’s degree is sufficient.
- Demonstrated teaching success in a business school is strongly preferred, but not required.
Applications MUST be submitted using Interfolio (https://apply.interfolio.com/87112) and include the following:
- Cover letter addressed to Prof. Su Chan, Search Committee Chair
- Curriculum vitae
- The applicant should provide the names and contact information for three references who have agreed to provide a letter on request.
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness (or equivalent in a business setting) in the form of teaching evaluations from the last 2 years
Johns Hopkins Carey Business School conducts a pre-employment background check and degree verification for all candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
Applications will be reviewed by the Search Committee and accepted until the position is filled.
The search committee is dedicated to hiring candidates who, through their research, teaching, and service will contribute to the excellence and diversity of the Carey Business School, Johns Hopkins University, our students, and the broader academic community. The leadership, faculty, and the staff of the Carey Business School are committed to enhancing our school culture through an environment that welcomes and respects everyone.