Full Professor in Sustainable Finance
4 days left
- Contract Type
The University of Luxembourg aspires to be one of Europe’s most highly regarded universities with a distinctly international and interdisciplinary character. It fosters the cross-fertilisation of research and teaching, is relevant to its country, is known worldwide for its research and teaching in targeted areas, and is establishing itself as an innovative model for contemporary European Higher Education. It`s core asset is its well-connected world-class academic staff which will attract the most motivated, talented and creative students and young researchers who will learn to enjoy taking up challenges and develop into visionary thinkers able to shape society.
The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance offers three Bachelor programmes, four Master programmes of Management and Economics and six Masters of Laws (LL.M.), as well as several continuing education courses. It also includes the Doctoral School in Law and the Doctoral School in Economics and Finance. Around 2,500 students from 90 different nationalities are enrolled at the Faculty. Academic staff from 18 different nationalities teach at the Faculty, supported by practitioners from the field, visiting scholars and guest professors. Rooted in Luxembourg but with a European and international outlook, the Faculty counts three departments:
- Department of Law
- Department of Economics and Management
- Department of Finance
Teaching and research benefit from the proximity of the European institutions, Luxembourg’s leading international financial centre and its vibrant business community. Institutional and private sector partnerships, sponsored Chairs and a growing network of international partner universities make the FDEF a vibrant academic hub at the heart of Europe.
The Professor shall play an active role in establishing the Department of Finance as a leading European finance group; the package we offer is commensurate with this ambition. The candidate shall be engaged on the following four key dimensions:
- management and leadership.
The candidate shall teach in the newly created common first year of the master programs. In addition, the candidate shall teach in the risk management track of the Master of Banking and Finance. The candidate is expected to maintain an active research role and keep a consistent publication record in top finance and/or economics journals. The candidate is expected to support junior researchers and supervise PhD students. The candidate should be willing to interact with the financial industry, regulators, and national or supra-national governmental agencies. In collaboration with the outreach officer, the Professor should assume a leading role towards establishing the department of Finance as an expertise hub for sustainable finance in Luxembourg. The candidate is expected to integrate with existing faculty and department members and be proactive in supporting the initiatives of the Department of Finance towards achieving its goals, with a particular emphasis on mentoring junior faculty members and training PhD students to seek employment on the international job market in finance and economics.
What we expect from you…
The candidate pursues highest quality research and has publications in the top finance and/or economics journals. Additional requirements include a PhD in Finance or Economics or related disciplines. The ability and willingness to interact with the financial industry, regulators, and national or supra-national governmental agencies is of importance.
The University of Luxembourg is set in a multilingual context. The person hired on this position must be proficient in English and either French or German. The University encourages its staff to learn the other language and provides access to language courses to this end.
- An international team at a young, dynamic university
- An interdisciplinary research environment
- A wide network of academic, institutional and corporate partners
- Skilled support staff and team-oriented work environment
- Offices located in Luxembourg City’s main business district
- Competitive salary and benefits
Contract Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Employee status
- Location: Kirchberg
- Job Reference: 50016491 (to be mentioned in all correspondence)
How to apply...
Applications should contain
- Cover letter
- Detailed CV, including periods of absence from work (or where the effect has been equivalent to absence) including family-related leave and career breaks
- Complete list of publications
- List and short description of research projects acquired over the past 5 (five) years
- List of PhD theses supervised
- List of teaching activities over the past 5 (five) years
- Statement of research activities planned at UL
- Statement of teaching activities planned at UL
- Statement of other activities considered at UL.
All applications should be sent by e-mail before 15.06.2021 via the apply button.
All applications will be handled in strict confidence.
The University of Luxembourg wants to achieve gender parity in its academic positions and wants to eliminate obstacles to the recruitment of female professors and to their career development. In case candidates present equivalent CVs, the University will give the preference to women in all departments where gender parity is not yet achieved.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. WiFi on campus. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …