Instructor/Assistant Professor of Finance
William Woods University is accepting applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position to teach in such areas as personal finance, corporate finance, risk management and insurance, investments and financial decisions courses. The contracted teaching load is 12 hours per semester, with the opportunity for teaching summer school and intercession courses.
Full-time faculty are expected to participate in faculty and campus committees, attend faculty assembly and division meetings, and conduct program and class assessments in accordance with standards developed by the University and outside accrediting entities. Faculty are also expected to develop educational programs to be presented to the campus at large as part of the University LEAD program and to attend such programs sponsored by other faculty in the university.
Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach finance related coursework in classroom settings and online.
- Assist students with academic advising.
- Prepare course syllabi for assigned courses that meet the needs of students and accreditation requirements.
- Participate in the development of assessments and evaluation of courses and the program for continuing improvement.
- Maintain professional development according to personal and professional need.
- Assist in recruitment efforts for the program by participating in university recruitment events and communicating with interested students.
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with alumni of the program.
- Assist with ACBSP reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A doctoral degree in finance or a business discipline that includes 18 hours of graduate level finance education preferred.
- Minimum qualification is a master’s degree in finance or a business discipline coupled with at least five years of professional experience in finance.
- Ability to perform teaching, administrative, and clerical duties independently in order to fulfill the goals and objectives of the program within the overall mission of the department, the school, and the University.
- Teaching experience at a higher educational institution is preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development, strong work ethic, and a commitment to working well with others.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with integrating instructional technology into classroom experiences.
This is a full-time, 9-month position, which may begin as soon as August 2021 and will continue into the 2021/2022 academic year. This position will be open until filled.
Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts, statement of teaching philosophy, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and contact information for three references (one being a supervisor).