Project Manager (f/m/x)
Frankfurt School of Finance & Management is one of Europe’s leading business schools, accredited by AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA. We are seeking to fill a position as
Project Manager (f/m/x)
The FS-FIRE “Financial Intermediaries and the Real Economy” is a Research Centre (“Centre”) at the Frankfurt School of Finance & Management (“Frankfurt School”). Our overall objective in the Centre is to conduct and disseminate new research across a wide array of financial topics and bring together academics, practitioners and regulators. Across different initiatives, our team provides high-level as well as in-depth research and analyses, develops and implements innovative projects, advises on policy development and changes, and provides trainings and workshops. Topics include bank management and crises, monetary policy, private equity, FinTechs and climate risk.
Finance is at the core of all our activities, and while we have a reputation for unbiased analysis and applying a mix of economic and financial assessments, we always consider the larger economic and political context in our work. Creative and unorthodox thinking combined with a strong focus on the project specific reality are part of our daily work, as we aim to provide conceptually sound and practical recommendations and solutions.
Our business is driven by a combination of proactive and responsive approaches. We often cooperate with institutions such as banks on project structuring and implementation, but also develop white papers on various topics in financial economics. We offer an international faculty and a stimulating environment with close ties to commercial banks and the industry as well as governmental organizations. For further information, see our website.
In our “AI in Finance Initiative”, we adapt the range of our products and services to the latest developments and cutting-edge trends in financial economics, including machine learning and artificial intelligence. To achieve this goal, we work in strategic partnerships and networks. To leverage the rapidly expanding field of big data analysis and machine learning methodologies to help address methodological and data-related challenges in particular, the Frankfurt School assumed a central role in a strategic three-year R&D project at the nexus of artificial intelligence and finance. In this context, our team is coordinating one dedicated work package dealing with “Monetary Policy” as a use-case. The project will start in January 2021.
We are currently seeking a project manager for this R&D project. The aim of the project is to explore application possibilities for artificial intelligence and machine learning methods and develop respective algorithms to improve the understanding of monetary policy and to inform related decision-making processes in the financial services industry and in financial regulation. Moreover, in this project, we enhance the quality and availability of financial data related to monetary policy decisions, while improving related methodology development.
Our project is a strategic collaboration between different institutions but also within Frankfurt School (e.g. the FS-UNEP Centre and Frankfurt School`s Centre for Human and Machine Intelligence (HMI)). The position is tied to the project and limited to three years. The successful candidate will be based in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. National and occasional international travel might be required. She/he will become part of the multidisciplinary team and contribute to an exciting project that aims to drive the transformation towards to more data-based decision making in the financial sector by applying innovative and cutting-edge methods and processes.
• Coordinate and manage the dedicated project team and resources for the effective execution of the project
• Work closely with and manage relationship with relevant internal colleagues, external project partners (in particular, but not limited to the work package on monetary policy), the project coordinator and external stakeholders to ensure an efficient and fruitful collaboration
• Assume role of first point of contact for external stakeholders and project-related requests
• Support the project team, colleagues at the FS and coordinate work closely with the relevant project partners to analyze and identify data availability and gaps for financial institutions and to develop and test different AI & ML methods and algorithms to improve the availability and quality of the data and to improve monetary policy decisions
• Take part in project related activities, which aim at supporting financial institutions and financial market participants to understand the effects and chances of applying cutting-edge AI / ML methods and extended data availability for improved decision-making processes
• Create and maintain comprehensive and required project documentation
• Track project progress and development, specifically to analyse meeting project requirements and milestones
• Ensure cost-effective execution of project and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
• Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs
• Delegate project tasks, where appropriate
• Use and continually develop leadership skills and project management skills
• Support related consulting and advisory projects of the Centre
• Represent the Centre at outreach and networking events with the German financial and non-financial sector
Qualifications and Experience
• Proven working experience in project management (project coordination, progress monitoring, stakeholder management, budget tracking, documentation etc.)
• Proven work experience with the financial sector and monetary policy
• Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Basic knowledge and (working) experience in the development and application of artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms and data science methods
• Knowledge of at least one programming language, especially Python (ideally), MATLAB or R
• Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Strong capacity for teamwork, but also ability to work independently
• Fluency in English; German language a plus but not required
• Degree (University or University of Applied Science) in appropriate field of study, such as Business Administration, Economics, or Information Management
Are you interested?
Please submit your application, including your CV and a cover letter, via Interfolio apply.interfolio.com/83338.
For content-related inquiries about the position, please contact Prof. Dr. Sascha Steffen, Head of the FIRE Research Center (email@example.com).
We offer a competitive compensation package together with a lean organizational structure and a pleasant working environment.
Frankfurt School of Finance & Management embraces diversity and seeks talented faculty, staff and students from diverse backgrounds. Frankfurt School is an equal-opportunities employer.