Lecturer/Assistant Professor in Finance/QuantFinance/FinMath
Assistant Professor/Lecturer positions in the Department of Financial Mathematics
- Applicants in all areas of quantitative finance, economics, finance, financial data science and machine learning are invited to apply.
- Applicants should hold a Ph.D. degree in finance, economics, quantitative finance or related fields, or expect to receive one by August 2021.
- Applicants should exhibit high potential in research and teaching, should have demonstrated excellence in academic research (as evidenced by publications in top-tier academic journals) and teaching effectiveness via module questionnaires.
- Commit to high-quality research and publish research articles in top-tier international academic journals. ABS, ABDC, SSCI, and SCI journal rankings are utilized as part of the research metrics in the department of financial mathematics.
- Carry out effective teaching of undergraduate or postgraduate courses. Offer technology enhanced teaching, offer module design and curriculum development. Teaching load is at par with top research led university, normally one module per semester.
- Provide rank-appropriate services.
Compensation package is commensurate with applicants’ qualifications, experiences, and responsibilities, including highly competitive salary, research support, travel allowance, and standard fringe benefits. Lecturer or assistant professor salaries are in the range of 27,929 to 34,219RMB per month.
Please use the following link to submit your application.
A complete application package must include the following items:
- Cover letter
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness (if applicable)
- Job market paper or representative publications/working papers
- Contact information for three references
Applications are open until filled. The interview process includes an online research talk. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic all the interviews will be held online.
ABOUT XI’AN JIAOTONG-LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY and SUZHOU:
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a unique collaborative institution and the first joint venture university in China to offer both UK (University of Liverpool) and Chinese (Ministry of Education) accredited undergraduate degrees for all programmes. Formed in 2006, the first cohort of students graduated in August 2010. The University now has about 15,000 students studying on campus. The language of instruction is English. XJTLU aims to become a research-led university and committed significant investments in this direction. XJTLU is located in the Higher Education Town of Suzhou Industrial Park (SIP). Suzhou has been ranked the 74th most liveable city in the 2018 Global Liveability Index. Additionally, it is well connected via nearby airports to cities such as Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo, and Taipei, and via high-speed rail to other major cities in China. SIP is a major growth zone, including operations run by nearly one-fifth of the Fortune 500 top global companies. Greater Suzhou is now the fourth largest concentration of economic activity in China in terms of GDP, and the SIP has a higher GDP per capita than the UK. The broader Suzhou area encompasses the spirit of both old and new in China, with the historic old town’s canals, UNESCO World Heritage Site gardens, and the I.M. Pei-designed Suzhou Museum attracting millions of tourists annually. SIP offers an excellent quality of life with high environmental standards.
For questions or inquiries about the position
Dr. Ahmet Goncu, Head Department of Financial Mathematics