Assistant Professor of Finance
2 days left
- Contract Type
The Department of Finance and Supply Chain Management (Fin/SCM) in the College of Business at Central Washington University seeks applicants for a tenure-track, Assistant Professor in Finance beginning with the 2021-2022 academic year. The position is located at CWU main campus in Ellensburg, Washington.
The Department of Finance & Supply Chain Management currently has ten tenured & tenure track faculty members. The College of Business has a strong teaching orientation and requires a commitment to students through teaching and advising. A continuing program of research is required and supported. The College of Business provides research resources such as CRSP and Capital IQ. CWU is accredited by AACSB-International.
Responsibilities include teaching core and upper division undergraduate courses in Finance which may include Corporate Finance and Investments. Faculty are also required to conduct research, publish in their field, advise students as well as provide service to the university, to the college, the department, and the community. The demonstrated ability or potential to produce peer-reviewed published research is essential. Faculty development and research is supported through reduced teaching loads and funding from a variety of sources. Faculty will integrate CWU’s commitment to diversity and create a learning environment that is welcoming, accessible and inclusive for all students.
- Ph.D. degree (or foreign equiv. deg.) in Finance or a related field (strong candidates who are ABD and can complete their dissertation prior to September 1st 2021 will be considered)
- Evidence of and a strong commitment to teaching excellence at university level;
- An established or potential record for research in peer-reviewed journals;
- Research, teaching, service or other experience that has prepared the candidate to contribute to CWU’s commitment to the engagement and inclusion of culturally diverse students.
- Terminal degree from an AACSB accredited institution.
- Grounding in practice through industry or some other form of professional experience (eg. CFA, CFP).
- Familiarity with a variety of educational delivery systems (e.g., interactive television, online/internet offerings, blended delivery), and an interest in working with a combination of traditional and non-traditional students.
- An aptitude, willingness and track record of engaging with companies and governmental institutions with a goal of expanding the number of organizations participating in CWU program development, student recruiting and research.
- Experience working in a diverse environment and/or utilizing a variety of teaching methods designed for broad student success.
- Experience or interest in mentoring students from a variety of backgrounds.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Depending on the needs of the Department, an opportunity to teach summer classes for additional compensation may be available. Fringe benefits include medical, dental, life, and disability insurance as well as retirement contributions. Washington has no state income tax.
The College of Business (CB): The College has the equivalent of nearly 1,200 full-time equivalent students and over 50 faculty members (tenured & tenure-track) in four academic departments: Accounting, Management, Finance & Supply Chain Management and Economics. The mission of the CB is to create value and opportunity for our students by providing a high quality education at the Ellensburg campus and university centers in the Puget Sound and central regions of Washington State. The College of Business supports a diverse student population and values such diversity in its commitment to faculty and faculty perspectives. For more information about the department and the CB, please see our web page at http://www.cwu.edu/business/
Central Washington University: CWU is a Masters comprehensive state university which serves more than 12,000 students. The main campus is located in Ellensburg, a city of 18,000, 110 miles from Seattle east of the Cascade mountains. There are two university centers, one in Lynnwood located north of the Seattle metropolitan area and another in Des Moines south of the Seattle metropolitan area. Accounting and Business Administration degree programs are offered at all three locations.
To Apply: Applicants are required to apply on-line at https://jobs.cwu.edu. A complete application consists of:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting; and (c) detail how teaching, service and/or scholarship has supported students from racial, ethnic, gender and other minoritized backgrounds or are underrepresented in their academic fields (applicants who have not yet had the opportunity for such experience should note how their work will further CWU’s commitment to diversity);
- Curriculum Vitae including work history, education, training and contact information for three professional references.
Search Start Date: December 10, 2020. Initial screening of applicants will begin January 10, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
CWU is an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Veteran and Disability Employer. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation during the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources, Human.Resources@cwu.edu, 509-963-1202.
Please contact Dr. Fang Wang, chair of the search committee if you have questions. email@example.com