Quantitative Associate Analyst
About Geode Capital Management
Geode is a systematic, research driven investment manager, located in Boston, Massachusetts. Since our inception in 2001, we have used a combination of theory, data, and technology to better understand financial markets and develop innovative investment solutions for our clients. The investment team utilizes quantitative techniques supported by an integrated investment infrastructure and a dedicated research group. As of June 30, 2020, assets under management exceeded $500 billion.
About the Quantitative Associate Analyst Role
This position resides within our quantitative research team whose main focus is the development of systematic investment strategies. The Analyst will work with our portfolio managers and other members of the research team in building out this area within our platform.
Quantitative Associate Analysts perform research and design quantitative strategies across multiple asset classes including equities, currencies, commodities, fixed income, and derivative instruments. They are responsible for, or assist with, communicating results to stake holders both within and outside of Geode. More broadly, Analysts are expected to contribute to our research agenda and processes, principally around quantitative investing across asset classes.
We seek candidates who have pursued doctoral studies in finance, economics, or econometrics, and who have graduated or will be graduating in the coming year.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of generating excellent research on Empirical Asset Pricing and/or Financial Econometrics topics and a demonstrated ability of extracting meaningful real-world insights regarding the behavior of markets and investors. The candidate should use their strong theoretical knowledge to form hypotheses and subsequently test, revise, and confirm these hypotheses through the careful analysis of various datasets.
- Deep intellectual curiosity and creative approach to problem solving
- Rigorous and structured thought process
- Strong programming skills in at least one programming language (C, C++, Matlab, Python, or R)
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills; ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Ability to identify, review, understand, and synthesize the academic literature relevant in an investment management context
- Meticulous attention to detail and high degree of organization
- Ability to effectively work independently while also thriving in a team-based environment
Enthusiastic researchers with a strong desire to apply their skills and expertise to real-world investment settings are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and job market paper to email@example.com reference Job ID: 31820
Apply for Quantitative Associate Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly