Quantitative Research Intern
About Geode Capital Management
Geode is a systematic, research driven investment manager, located in Boston, Massachusetts. Since our inception in 2001, we have used a combination of theory, data, and technology to better understand financial markets and develop innovative investment solutions for our clients. The investment team utilizes quantitative techniques supported by an integrated investment infrastructure and a dedicated research group. As of June 30, 2020, assets under management exceeded $500 billion.
About the Intern Position
Your internship at Geode will be centered around a 12-week research project, where you will:
- Develop hypotheses and theoretical models describing how investors behave and markets operate
- Collect and analyze data needed to test these models
- Test theory against data, refining hypotheses and models in the process
- Distill the evidence and theory into new insights about how financial markets work
Your research project may lead to implementation, impacting the way Geode invests.
During your internship you will collaborate closely with the research team, a collaborative, yet demanding group of individuals. They will provide guidance, support, and ideas. You will also be exposed to the research of others, participating in research meetings and discussions, where you will be expected to offer your own suggestions and ideas.
We seek candidates who are pursuing doctoral studies in finance, economics, or econometrics, who have will be graduating between Dec 2021 and May 2022, and who have a strong preference for working in industry after they complete their studies.
- Deep intellectual curiosity and creative approach to problem solving
- Rigorous and structured thought process
- Intermediate skill in one programming language (C, C++, Matlab, Python, or R)
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
- High degree of attention to detail and organization
- Collaborates effectively with team members
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and job market paper to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Job ID 32420.
Apply for Quantitative Research Intern
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly