Tenure Track Assistant Professor
The Department of Finance at California State University, Fullerton, invites candidates to apply for four tenure-track positions at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin Fall 2021. We are seeking applications in the area of corporate finance, investments, real estate, and personal financial planning.
College of Business and Economics
Department of Finance
Assistant Professor of Finance
California State University, Fullerton is a minority-serving institution, and an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to increasing the diversity of the campus community and the curriculum, and fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Candidates who can contribute to this goal through their teaching, research, advising, and other activities are encouraged to identify their strengths and experiences in this area. Individuals advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals and those from groups whose underrepresentation in the American professoriate has been severe and longstanding are particularly encouraged to apply.
We are seeking applications for three tenure-track Assistant Professor positions in the area of corporate finance, investments, real estate, and personal financial planning. The Department is interested in candidates with strong teaching and research potential. The successful applicant is expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses, advise students, value diversity, serve on the committees, and engage in activities that benefit the department, University, and community. Positive tenure and promotion decisions require excellent teaching, strong scholarly and creative activities which result in publication of high-quality refereed journal articles, and substantial services. In addition, hired individual for the personal financial planning position will be responsible for the CFP Board-Registered Professional Certificate in Personal Financial Planning Program within the Department.
- A doctorate in Real Estate, Finance, or a related field from an accredited institution. ABD’s may apply but must show evidence that the degree will be completed by the appointment date
- Demonstrate strong teaching and research potential
- Evidence of (or potential for) publications in high quality journals
- Evidence of excellence in teaching
- Ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse range of students, faculty, staff, and external audiences
- For the corporate finance position: Business experience in a corporate finance environment
- For the personal financial planning position:
- Industry experience in the personal financial planning profession
- CFP® designation