Assistant Professor (Tenure track) in Sustainable Finance
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance offers three Bachelor programmes, four Master programmes of Management and Economics and six Masters of Laws (LL.M.), as well as several continuing education courses. It also includes the Doctoral School in Law and the Doctoral School in Economics and Finance. Around 2,500 students from 90 different nationalities are enrolled at the Faculty. Academic staff from 18 different nationalities teach at the Faculty, supported by practitioners from the field, visiting scholars and guest professors. Rooted in Luxembourg but with a European and international outlook, the Faculty counts three departments:
- Department of Law
- Department of Economics and Management
- Department of Finance
Teaching and research benefit from the proximity of the European institutions, Luxembourg’s leading international financial centre and its vibrant business community. Institutional and private sector partnerships, sponsored Chairs and a growing network of international partner universities make the FDEF a vibrant academic hub at the heart of Europe.
The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance (FDEF) of the University of Luxembourg has an opening for :
1 Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) in Sustainable Finance
- Ref: F2-50012613 (to be mentioned in all correspondence)
- Tenure track contract, full-time (40h a week), employee status
- Earliest starting date: January 2021
- Fixed-term contract: 5 years, upon a positive evaluation, perspective of a permanent position and promotion to associate professor may be foreseen.
The Assistant Professor shall play an active role in establishing the Department of Finance as a leading European finance group; the package we offer is commensurate with this ambition. The Assistant Professor shall be engaged on the following four key dimensions:
- management and leadership.
The candidate shall teach in the newly created common first year of the master programs. In addition, the candidate shall teach in the risk management track of the Master of Banking and Finance. The candidate is expected to show the potential to consistently publish in top finance and/or economics journals. The candidate should be willing to interact with the financial industry, regulators, and national or supra-national governmental agencies. The candidate is expected to integrate with existing faculty and department members and be proactive in supporting the initiatives of the Department of Finance towards achieving its goals.
Information about the position can be obtained from Professor Ulf von Lilienfeld-Toal (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
The candidate pursues highest quality research and has publications in the top finance and/or economics journals. Additional requirements include a PhD in Finance or Economics or related disciplines. Demonstrated ability and willingness to interact with the financial industry, regulators, and national or supra-national governmental agencies is of importance.
The University of Luxembourg is set in a multilingual context. The person hired on this position must be proficient in English and either French or German. The University encourages its staff to learn the other language and provides access to language courses to this end.
- An international team at a young, dynamic university
- An interdisciplinary research environment
- A wide network of academic, institutional and corporate partners
- Skilled support staff and team-oriented work environment
- Offices located in Luxembourg City’s main business district
- Competitive salary and benefits
Applications should contain
- Cover letter
- Detailed CV, including periods of absence from work (or where the effect has been equivalent to absence) including family-related leave and career breaks
- Complete list of publications
- List and short description of research projects acquired over the past 5 (five) years
- List of PhD theses supervised
- List of teaching activities over the past 5 (five) years
- Statement of research activities planned at UL
- Statement of teaching activities planned at UL
- Statement of other activities considered at UL
- Names of 3 referees and the relationship to them.
All applications should be sent by e-mail before 15/10/2020 to:
Professeur Katalin Ligeti
Dean of the Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance
University of Luxembourg
E-mail : email@example.com
Or via the the apply button
All applications will be handled in strict confidence.
The University of Luxembourg wants to achieve gender parity in its academic positions and wants to eliminate obstacles to the recruitment of female professors and to their career development. In case candidates present equivalent CVs, the University will give the preference to women in all departments where gender parity is not yet achieved.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.