Global Investment Research, Macro Research, Associate, New York
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You’ll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
We are seeking PhD candidates in economics or finance to join the Global Macro Research team within GIR. The team focuses on the intersection between economics and financial markets across a wide class of assets including equities, fixed income/credit, currencies, and commodities.Interested? We’d love to meet you – join us at the Allied Social Science Associations (ASSA) Annual Meeting in San Diego from January 3rd - 4th, 2020 to learn more about the opportunities we offer. Interviews for this role will be held at the ASSA event.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Generate unique, thematic written research
- Develop quantitative models to forecast economic growth, inflation, and interest rates
- Interpret and comment on high-frequency economic data releases
- Build and maintain financial models
- Present economic/market views to external and internal clients
- PhD in Economics or Finance
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- A proven capability for original and thought-provoking research
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a close team setting
- An enthusiastic researcher
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to interact with global stakeholders