Consultant - Senior Associate (2020 Start)
Hiring Practices and Locations:
Finance (Boston, MA, New York, NY, Oakland, CA - Berkeley/San Francisco area), Antitrust and Competition Economics (Boston, MA, Brussels, Belgium, Chicago, IL, London, United Kingdom, Munich, Germany, Oakland, CA - Berkeley/San Francisco area, Washington, DC), Financial Economics (Washington, DC), Life Sciences (Boston, MA, Washington, DC, Toronto, ON) and Labor & Employment (Tallahassee, FL)
What do we do?
Charles River Associates is a leading global consulting firm that provides independent economic and financial analysis behind litigation matters, guides businesses through critical strategy and operational issues to become more profitable, and advises governments on the economic impact of policies and regulations. Our two main services – litigation and management consulting – are delivered by practice groups that focus on specific areas of expertise or industries. Explore how CRA can help you Accelerate your career and click here to learn why PhDs choose CRA.
Responsibilities vary based on practice placement and may include:
- Working closely with leading academics, managing the research process, and supervising, training and mentoring junior analysts
- Conducting research in a supportive, team-oriented environment
- Acting as a primary point of contact for clients and assisting in the development and presentation of client deliverables including expert reports summarizing our opinions, conclusions, and recommendations and third party financial, market and industry data
- Consulting with attorneys and other clients in industry and government on a wide variety of finance, strategy and economics issues
- Assist regulators and financial institutions with analysis of trading on exchanges and in OTC markets for a wide spectrum of contracts
- Independently conceptualizing and identifying issues, designing complex economic and financial models to analyze economic and financial data
- Programming, model building and/or regression analysis in statistical analysis programs (such as Stata, SAS, R or Python)
- Ensuring the integrity and accuracy of analyses and opinions
- Work with those testifying in judicial proceedings to provide economic analyses of mergers and other competition matters before the major competition authorities of the world
As most of our work is done in the office, minimal travel is required.
Successful candidates will have a Ph.D. or ABD in economics, finance, or accounting or a closely aligned field, and will have specific expertise in the fields of industrial organization, applied microeconomics, econometrics, labor, health, intellectual property, pricing, corporate finance, financial accounting, or other quantitative areas. Previous experience in teaching, research, or industry is desirable.
How to Apply
To be considered for all interview opportunities, candidates must submit a curriculum vitae, cover letter, a copy of a research/job market paper or dissertation the CRA website posting (https://grnh.se/b9708f181) and submit three letters of recommendation via EconJobMarket.org by the November dates listed on EconJobMarket.org. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and interviewing at the EEA Job Market Meeting in Rotterdam, Netherlands, December 18–19, 2019 and at the ASSA Meetings in San Diego, CA, January 3 - 5, 2020.
Charles River Associates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AAE): Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled.