Broadway Metal Recycling, Inc.
Position: Financial Controller
Job Site: Phoenix, Arizona
· Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives; review the accounting operations of affiliate corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures for consolidated financial reporting.
· Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures and manage outsourced financial and accounting functions.
· Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner, all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable, accounts receivable are collected promptly, periodic bank reconciliations are completed, and that required debt payments are made on a timely basis.
· Process payroll in a timely manner; and maintain the chart of accounts, an orderly accounting filing system, and a system of controls over accounting transactions.
· Issue timely and complete financial statements, coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report, manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts, calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management, and provide for a system of management cost reports.
· Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations, and calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
· Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
· Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit, monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
· Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
Full-Time Position: 40 hours per week
Education Requirements: Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics; or foreign equivalent
Other Requirements: Knowledge in industrial accounting, accounting and financial management for construction and industrial enterprises, foreign accounting, international banking, managerial and cost accounting, and economic forecasting as demonstrated by coursework or certificates. All knowledge may be gained before, during, or after master’s degree.
Qualified applicants please send resume & cover letter to email@example.com. Proof of authorization to work in U.S. required if hired. The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully supports affirmative action practices.