Full-Time Tenure-Track Faculty: Finance
The Department of Finance in the School of Business invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor. The successful candidate should have a strong commitment to innovative teaching, student success and high quality, impactful research. The position will begin in August 2019.
About the School
The Quinnipiac University School of Business offers nine undergraduate majors, four graduate degree programs, a five-year BS/MBA program and an innovative 3+1 accelerated BS/MBA program. The School of Business is AACSB accredited with 1,750 undergraduate students in nine degree programs and 750 graduate students in MBA and MS degree programs. Our 65 full-time business faculty pride themselves on their practice-oriented innovative teaching styles to keep their classrooms interesting, grounded and engaging. High-quality academic programs, a comprehensive internship and career development programs, and extensive leadership and service opportunities mean that employers seek out Quinnipiac School of Business graduates.
Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate finance courses both on ground and online
- Design and deliver in-class and out-of-class learning experiences that engage and motivate student learning
- Administer and grade assignments and examinations
- Compile assessment data for assurance of learning outcomes and recommend actions to improve learning
- Conduct research and publish high quality, peer-reviewed articles in journals that meet the established School of Business and Department of Finance research quality standards
- Present research findings at academic conferences
- Serve as academic adviser to students and assist finance students with career development as necessary
- Serve on Departmental and/or School of Business and/or University committees
- Participate in curriculum development for the finance programs and the School of Business
- Ph.D. (or completion of Ph.D. by August 15, 2019) in Finance from an accredited university
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching finance-related topics at the undergraduate and graduate level, both on-line and on-ground
- Established record of, or demonstrated potential for high quality research, excellence in teaching, and service
- Expertise in contemporary research practices and topics
- Practical business experience
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills along with a commitment to maintaining collegial working relationships
- Potential to make significant service contributions to the Department, School of Business, University and community
- Commitment to contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications must be submitted electronically and include:
- A cover letter
- A curriculum vitae or resume including details of teaching experience, scholarship achievements and applied experience
- A statement of teaching philosophy and a summary of teaching effectiveness on-site and on-line
- Names and contact information for three references on the application form. Reference letters and formal teaching evaluations will only be required at the interview stage
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.