Senior Financial Business Data Analyst
The Senior Financial Business Data Analyst is responsible for providing transparency using various business intelligence tools (ie Qlik, Tableau) and evaluation on Solutions & Service Portfolio (SSP) programs and initiatives for the Building Technologies Division. Activities include financial model creation, monthly Revenue reporting and analysis, comparing the Forecast, Budget and Forecast for Revenue, Analyzing Backlog, Book to Bill model analysis and trend. The ideal candidate should be extremely detail oriented, but able to synthesize complex topics for consumption by both executive management and colleagues.
- Able to review large amounts of data and identify key trends and analysis within the organization.
- Reporting: Expert excel skills (Pivot Tables / Formulas / Functions), VBA and experience with other business intelligence tools (ie. Qlik). Track record of creating compelling reports that produce transparency around business initiatives.
- Variance Analysis: able to compare of actuals vs Forecast for Revenue and provide meaningful commentary
- Presentations: Preparation of monthly presentations for executive management.
- Financial Statement Analysis: knowledge of all financial statements (Income Statement, Balance Sheet & Cash Flow Statement) and interactions between the different statements.
- Leadership Qualities: comfortable in network organization and able to influence colleagues.
Responsibilities (10-12 years of experience)
- Development next generation of financial analytical models to be used in forecasting
- Annual budgeting process: cost center planning, P&L
- Prepare variance analysis, monthly forecasts and financial analysis
- Reconciliation of Headcount actual vs. plan and tracking of new hires/temp requisitions
- Support strategic and operational processes
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Typically BS in Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics.
- Strong knowledge of financial and managerial accounting
- Data Analytics model creation
- Strong mathematical background (linear algebra, calculus, and statistics)
- Solid understanding of capital budgeting (investment analysis)
- Advanced in MS Excel and various business intelligence tools
- Strong collaboration skills to manage multiple stakeholders (U.S. and field)
- Ability to effectively manage deadlines, prioritize and multi-task
- Understanding drivers of productivity growth
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Knowledge of SAP (FI/CO)
- Knowledge of big data architecture and tools
- Knowledge of cloud-based software applications and web technology