Independent View is an investment management company that develops sophisticated, quantitative, short-term investment strategies. We are an ambitious, research-driven company, with a strong team-oriented culture. At Independent View you need to have a “getting things done” mentality: there is an energetic culture of openness and discussion, so that everyone can make their mark on the company’s future. We have high expectations of ourselves and each other and believe that we can only achieve success by working together well. We constantly strive for investment and operational excellence and offer a high-performance culture with excellent benefits.
We are always looking to improve and develop the team. Following recent success in both the investment strategies and the business, we are expanding and have exciting opportunities for talented Quantitative Researchers.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- You will build up a strong understanding of the entire range of exchanges, asset classes and market structures that the company works with.
- Contribute to the process of designing, back-testing and implementation of investment strategies for execution in global, liquid futures markets, in both daily and intraday frequencies.
- Working both collaboratively and independently on challenging problems surrounding our research and investment analytics
Profile of the suitable candidate:
- Ph.D. in Finance, Economics, Econometrics or a relevant quantitative discipline.
- A proven capability for conducting independent and innovative research, preferably in quantitative finance.
- Strong understanding of asset pricing literature.
- Solid knowledge about time series econometrics, option pricing, factor investing, and market microstructure.
- Ability to work collaboratively and provide a creative and insightful contribution to team discussion.
- Strong programming skills in one or more languages such as C++, Java, Python, Scala, MATLAB or Julia