We are hiring for a full-time Senior Researcher within our Financial Research group. In particular, we are seeking individuals with significant experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Capital markets, asset pricing, and factor models
- Portfolio optimization
- Monte Carlo simulation
- Retirement economics
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Evaluate and identify improvements to models
As a senior contributor, the successful candidate will be able to independently identify potential improvements in our models for investment risk, portfolio optimization, and forecasting. He/she will identify the relevant advanced techniques and datasets applicable to each project.
Researchers are also responsible for integrating new product features with existing product components, and coordinating with the software engineering and QA teams during implementation and testing.
Collaborate with product marketing and user experience teams to understand customer needs and design new services
Communicate investment methodology to internal and external clients
Successful candidates should be able to effectively communicate complex methodologies to a layperson’s audience, including human resources professionals at client companies.
Mentor junior researchers’ investigations
Successful candidates will be expected to provide valuable guidance on their colleagues’ projects.
- PhD in Finance, Economics or equivalent
- 5-10 years of academic or industry experience in a research capacity
- Strong empirical research skills and background in statistics
- Broad economic intuition applicable to new problems
- Demonstrated success in a collaborative, team-oriented environment