Senior Quantitative Equity Researcher
Jacobs Levy Equity Management, located in Florham Park, NJ is seeking a Senior Quantitative Equity Researcher with a strong background in technical computing and statistics to join our research team. The team is responsible for researching all aspects of the investment process from data processing and alpha modeling through to portfolio optimization. Our researchers work collaboratively to contribute to our firm’s leading edge, innovative investment process. We seek people who are passionate about equity investment and motivated to outperform the market.
- Conducting exploratory data analysis
- Empirical research into U.S. and global equity market inefficiencies
- Reviewing financial literature
- Developing new and improving existing investment models by identifying novel investment ideas and innovative data sources
- Creating innovative investment strategies
Ideal candidates will look to combine creative insights with research to make sound investment decisions.
- PhD in Finance, Econometrics, or related quantitative discipline
- Familiarity with fundamental, expectational and market data
- Solid knowledge of asset pricing literature
- Strong programming skills (C++, C#, Fortran, Java, Julia, Python, etc.), preferably experienced with large datasets and also familiar with parallel programming
- Version control experience (such as Git)
- An understanding of Bayesian Statistics, Machine Learning, Non-Linear Estimation Methods, Optimization, Transaction Cost Modeling, or Data Visualization is a plus
- At least 3 years of empirical equity research experience
- Independent thinker with good economic intuition and demonstrated record of original research
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments and to explain challenging technical concepts
Jacobs Levy Equity Management focuses exclusively on managing equity portfolios for institutional clients. Building on the pioneering research of founders Bruce Jacobs and Ken Levy, the firm has developed a unique, multidimensional, dynamic approach to investing that combines human insight and intuition, finance and behavioral theory, leading-edge quantitative and statistical methods, and over 30 years of proprietary research. Jacobs Levy manages assets for a prestigious global roster of corporate defined benefit and defined contribution plans, public retirement systems, sub-advised funds, and endowments/foundations, many of which are Pensions & Investments’ “Top 200 Pension Funds/Sponsors.”
The culture at Jacobs Levy emanates from our founders’ entrepreneurial spirit, collaborative relationship, and dedication to research. Ours is an innovative, team-oriented organization that welcomes intellectual curiosity, outside-the-box thinking, and practical problem solving. We seek innovative professionals who want to grow and learn while helping to drive the success of the firm.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.