Senior Costing Analyst
Senior Costing Analyst
Dartmouth-Hitchcock in Lebanon, NH is recruiting a Senior Costing Analyst to join our team. The Senior Costing Analyst participates in the development and assumes responsibility for the maintenance of a standard cost accounting system along with performing database maintenance for standard cost accounting and Patient Focused Economic Analysis (PFEA). The candidate will develop and maintain reports and will perform analysis.
- Develops professional and technical standard cost accounting processes.
- Develops and implements standard cost accounting methodology. Collaborates with TDI/Tuck to research new methods used in the industry and integrates them where relevant.
- Works with operations to help determine “time and materials” costs and Revenue Value Units (RVUs) for development of standard costs.
- Combines and reviews cost data and expected payment data. Creates PFEA reporting. Interprets and analyzes data. Develops and distributes reports on a quarterly basis.
- Documents standard cost accounting theory, applications, data input, maintenance and reporting processes and procedures.
- Re-evaluates General Ledger, Payroll, AHto contract and other financial systems within Finance regularly to assure maximization of all systems.
- Prepares executive level summary PFEA binder on a quarterly basis and presents to the leadership community.
- Develops training materials and educates the user community on the costing process and PFEA approach.
- Trains and mentors new costing staff.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Finance with 8 years of experience in cost accounting within a health care environment and a solid general accounting background.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Advanced computer skills required.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration with a major in Finance and/or Accounting preferred
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock health system stretches over New Hampshire and Vermont and offers the quintessential New England experience. With no income or sales tax, this beautiful area combines history, industry and business and has been ranked consistently as one of the best places in the US to live and work. Anchored by the academic Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH, the system includes the NCI-designated Norris Cotton Cancer Center, the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock; 4 affiliated hospitals and 30 Dartmouth-Hitchcock ambulatory clinics across the region. We are close to the urban centers of Boston, New York and Montreal, but also offer proximity to the seacoast and multiple top-tier ski mountains within a short driving distance. In the Upper Valley of New Hampshire, the opportunities – both career and personal – truly make our area the ideal place to work and play.
Applicants are encouraged to apply online at:
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.