Quantitative Analyst – Equity Quantitative Research
About the Equity Quantitative Group
Serves as an integral part of the firm’s Equity division and is based in Baltimore. The eleven-member team manages six distinct long-only and long-short strategies with current AUM of ~$10 billion (as of June 30, 2018). The team is supported by a dedicated group of IT specialists. The quantitative equity group is expanding and would like to add experienced analysts and portfolio managers
About the Equity Quantitative Research Group
Serve as an integral part of the firm’s Equity division. The ten-member team, which is supported by a dedicated group of IT specialists, has the following responsibilities:
Major responsibilities of the group
- Manage equity portfolios.
- Develop stock selection models and screens for all global regions;
- Publish white papers for the group’s clients
- Work with fundamental portfolio managers based in our global offices who would like to use quant resources to help enhance their investment processes and decisions;
- Solve analytical problems encountered by portfolio managers and analysts;
- Collaborate with separate quantitative investment groups in Fixed Income and Multi-Asset on joint projects; and
- Help the firm’s institutional marketing efforts by leveraging the group’s expertise
- Perform rigorous quantitative/statistical research in finance to develop new stock selection models and enhance current models.
- Independently identify and analyze topics relevant to stock selection and portfolio management.
- Work closely with fundamental portfolio managers and analysts to help them use insights from quantitative stock selection models.
- Conduct research and analysis on other investment management topics, such as attribution and portfolio construction.
- Keep abreast of industry and academic research to generate innovative insights.
- Ph.D., MBA/MS in Finance or Accounting or an MBA with a Quantitative Finance specialization.
- Prior experience in the financial services industry in quantitative equity research.
- Experience conducting empirical research and working with large financial data sets.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field with strong credentials, strong academic background, and/or relevant work experience
- Exceptional quantitative and finance skills
- Superb skills in communicating with technical and non-technical associates and clients; and desire to work in a highly collaborative group
- A high-level understanding of finance, investing, and economics
- Excellent skills in statistics/econometrics and proficiency in programming languages, such as R, Python or Matlab, and a demonstrated ability at applying those skills to modeling problems
- CFA charter or commitment to obtain one