Nazarbayev University Graduate School of Business Faculty Positions
The Nazarbayev University Graduate School of Business (NUGSB) invites applications for faculty positions (all ranks) in the areas of Accounting, Finance, Business Economics, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Operations, and Technology Management. We seek candidates with high research achievement or potential and excellent teaching skills. Candidates should have a Ph.D. degree in the relevant field from an accredited institution. We will consider both highly-qualified entry-level candidates and experienced faculty.
NUGSB has a small, but growing research-oriented faculty. The faculty has received their PhDs from leading schools such as Cornell, Stanford, INSEAD, University of Michigan, Purdue, University of Illinois, University of Maryland, Virginia Tech, Washington University at St Louis, ESSEC, Milan, Erasmus Rotterdam, and Solvay Business School, ULB. Faculty members publish in leading journals such as Rand Journal of Economics, Academy of Management Journal, Management Science, Organization Science, Organizational Research Methods, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Marketing, Journal of Retailing, Journal of Accounting Research, Journal of Accounting Review, Strategic Management Journal, Journal of Financial Markets, Journal of Finance, American Economic Review, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Operations Research, Production and Operations Management, and Decision Sciences, among others.
The Graduate School of Business has a strategic collaboration with Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business, which is ranked as one of the best business schools internationally. Duke’s Fuqua School of Business is also actively involved in recruiting and mentoring/supporting NUGSB faculty in teaching and research activities. For more information about NUGSB please visit our website: http://gsb.nu.edu.kz.
Located in Astana, Nazarbayev University is a new Western-style, English-language research-oriented institution, created with the support of a number of leading universities around the world, including: Cambridge University, Colorado School of Mines, Duke University, National University of Singapore, University College London, University of Pennsylvania, University of Pittsburg, University of Wisconsin-Madison, and Warwick University. The University aspires to become a world-class research-oriented university and provide the highest quality education in Kazakhstan and Central Asia.
Astana, the new capital of Kazakhstan, described as “brash and grandiose, and wildly attractive” by National Geographic and “the futuristic frontier of architecture” by the Guardian, hosted the EXPO 2017 across from the University. Rich in natural resources, Kazakhstan has experienced extraordinary economic growth since its independence from the Soviet Union more than two decades ago. The World Bank has also ranked Kazakhstan as one of the world’s 20 top locations for direct foreign investment.
What we offer:
- Generous research time
- Research seed grants and other competitively-based funding opportunities
- Selected conference and travel funding
- Competitive salary and 4-course teaching load taught in modular format
- Mentoring and collaborating opportunities with Duke faculty
- Possible Visiting Scholar appointments at the Fuqua School of Business
- Opportunity to be a change agent
- Networking at the highest political and business levels
- Expatriate benefits (housing, home travel, child education allowance, etc.)
- Potential opportunities in Executive Education
Application Materials Required:
- Cover letter highlighting a specific area of expertise (accounting, finance, operations management, marketing, etc.), motivation and interest in the position
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of a research paper
- 2 reference letters. The referees must send the letters of recommendation directly to our school by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the e-mail should specify the name of the candidate, e.g. “Letter of recommendation for Prof. XXXXXX”.
Applications may send their application materials by email on email@example.com or should fill out the web form and upload their materials by clicking on the following link:
You can visit us on our website by link: https://gsb.nu.edu.kz/
Information about faculty: https://gsb.nu.edu.kz/facultyresearch/faculty-profiles/
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an initial Skype interview, which may be followed by more formal interviews that are conducted by Fuqua faculty members. Positions will remain open until they are filled.
Nazarbayev University is an equal opportunity employer.