Financial Specialists and Supervisor
Now Hiring Financial Specialists and Supervisor to join our team!
WakeMed Health & Hospitals
To join our team here at WakeMed, you must be committed to providing exceptional patient care. By working with our state-of-the-art technology and training resources, you will have an active role in making our community the best place to work, live and raise a family. At our 896-bed Raleigh campus and our 156-bed Cary campus, you will join our outstanding team and work together to promote awareness, healing, quality and teamwork. Not only is WakeMed a great place to work, but we are also committed to our employees. WakeMed proudly offers competitive salaries, family-friendly benefits, flexible shifts, continuing education opportunities and more
Financial Specialists-Grants – job ID: 25483
At WakeMed, the Financial Specialist is responsible for grant accounting and reporting to include accurate journal entries and account reconciliation's. Position is responsible for attaining knowledge of state and federal grant regulations and administration as well as maintaining accurate records related to donor restricted funds and grants.
- Minimum two years of related accounting experience, including Balance Sheet account reconciliation's and documentation of current processes and procedures required. Must be able to audit processes, documentation and account activity according to GAAP to insure accuracy and integrity of data. Prior experience reporting for grants preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required.
- Hours of work: 8a-5p Mon-Fri
- Weekend requirements: As needed
- Call requirements: None
Financial Specialists-Foundation – job ID: 26829
At WakeMed, the Financial Specialist provides financial accounting and reporting support to the WakeMed Foundation and WakeMed Corporate Accounting.
- Minimum three years of related experience, including financial statement preparation, preferably including restricted and endowment fund accounting. Experience should include accounting for investments, planned to give with exposure to general financial areas such as Accounts Payable and Payroll and non-profit tax returns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- CPA preferred.
- Hours of work: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
- Weekend Requirements: As Needed
- Call Requirements: None
Financial Clearance Supervisor – job ID: 26274
The Supervisor, Financial Clearance works under the direction of the Financial Clearance Manager and has enterprise-wide responsibility for the day-to-day operations of Insurance Verifications and Preadmissions. Insurance verification is responsible for verification of eligibility, benefits and authorization requirements. Creates estimates and prepares accounts for collection of payments by assigned staff. Preadmissions is responsible for CMS compliance on all scheduled surgical Cath lab patients and elective admissions. The supervisor responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, scheduling, performance evaluations, quality reviews, time and attendance reconciliation, staff education, coaching development, support and promotion of customer relations, monitoring of unit activities, to ensure performance standards are achieved and maintenance of relationships with other units with the Patient Access and Patient Financial Services departments.
Three (3) years recent clinical experience and/or minimum of two (2) years’ experience in hospital finance and/or related area required. Experience with CMS compliance. Interquel and Addendum E required. Additional experience in Case Management, Utilization Management and third-party review