Systematic Equity Researcher
Systematic Equity Researcher (full time)
BlueMountain Capital Management, LLC
New York, NY
Hiring Company Description
At BlueMountain, we seek to build an enduring partnership that consistently meets the expectations of our investors.
We are a diversified alternative asset manager and use an interdisciplinary approach to identify opportunities stemming from artificial investor segmentation, behavioral biases and idiosyncratic events.
With a heritage in the credit markets, our multi-strategy platform now includes investments in credit, distressed, equity, structured finance & real estate as well as arbitrage and technical strategies.
We have over a decade of experience and $22 billion in firm assets under management across absolute return, private capital and customized single investor funds.
Today, approximately 240 global professionals operate in a culture of collaboration, transparency and intellectual integrity, striving every day to innovate and strengthen our capabilities.
The Systematic Equity investment is a fast growing business at BlueMountain. Systematic equity researcher has a chance to get exposure to all aspects of quantitative equity investment.
- Conduct empirical research to identify signals predicting equity returns globally
- Identify and on-board new data sources, conduct exploratory data analysis and come up with innovative investment ideas
- Closely follow the finance literature and new development in empirical research methodology
- Get involved in daily portfolio management process, including model generation, optimization and trading
- Research methods to further optimize portfolio construction
- Present research in front of investment committee and clients
- PhD in Finance or Economics with quantitative focus, or related fields
- Demonstrated record of original empirical research with large datasets and solid knowledge of asset pricing literature
- Independent thinker with good economic intuition, can formulate and conduct empirical studies independently
- Familiarity with standard fundamental and market data such as Compustat, CRSP, I/B/E/S
- Strong quantitative skills and econometric knowledge, knowledge of NLP and machine learning - a plus.
- Sufficient programming skills and the ability to handle large datasets, experience with Python a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Hard-working, self-motivated with strong attention to detail
- Candidate must have the ability to successfully work autonomously as well as in a collaborative team environment
We will be conducting interviews at the ASSA Conference at the Philadelphia Marriott Hotel - Downtown from January 5 -7, 2018. We will reach out to selected candidates directly to coordinate interview time slots. If you would like to be considered for an interview at the ASSA Conference, please apply by December 15, 2017.
You may apply here and through our online application by clicking this link: https://bluemountaincapital.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=793
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Visit our website to learn more about BlueMountain: https://www.bluemountaincapital.com/