Equity Quantitative Analyst
T. Rowe Price is an independent investment management firm with an unyielding focus on helping investors around the world achieves their long-term goals. Our approach to managing investments is rooted in our own research, distinguished by discipline, and carried out by experienced professionals. Due to growth in the number of products managed by the firm’s Quantitative Equity Group and rising internal demand for the team’s capabilities to support the equity organization, we are seeking to add a high caliber Quantitative Analyst.
- Perform rigorous quantitative/statistical research in finance to develop new stock selection models and enhance current models.
- Independently identify and analyze topics relevant to stock selection and portfolio management.
- Work closely with fundamental portfolio managers and analysts to help them use insights from quantitative stock selection models.
- Conduct research and analysis on other investment management topics, such as attribution and portfolio construction.
- Keep abreast of industry and academic research to generate innovative insights.
About the Equity Quantitative Research Group
Serve as an integral part of the firm’s Equity division. The ten-member team, which is supported by a dedicated group of IT specialists, has the following responsibilities:
- Manage equity portfolios.
- Develop stock selection models and screens for all global regions and for the firm’s broad array of global strategies;
- Work closely with fundamental portfolio managers based in our global offices to help enhance their investment processes and decisions;
- Solve analytical problems encountered by portfolio managers and analysts;
- Collaborate with separate quantitative investment groups in Fixed Income and Asset Allocation on joint projects; and
- Help the firm’s institutional marketing efforts by leveraging the group’s expertise.
- Ph.D., MBA/MS in Finance or Accounting or an MBA with a Quantitative Finance specialization.
- Prior experience in the financial services industry in quantitative equity research.
- Experience conducting empirical research and working with large financial data sets.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field with strong credentials, strong academic background, and/or relevant work experience
- Exceptional quantitative and finance skills
- Superb skills in communicating with technical and non-technical associates and clients; and desire to work in a highly collaborative group
- A high-level understanding of finance, investing, and economics
- Excellent skills in statistics/econometrics and proficiency in programming languages, such as R, Python or Matlab, and a demonstrated ability at applying those skills to modeling problems
- CFA charter or commitment to obtain one
Apply for Equity Quantitative Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly