Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Finance
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Finance (Up to two positions)
University of Sydney Business School
Discipline of Finance
Reference no. 1882/0917
- Opportunity to research and teach in Finance and work in a collaborative and supportive environment
- Full-time, continuing: $121K - $170K p.a. which includes salary, leave loading and up to 17% super
- An additional salary supplement may be negotiated with the successful applicants and start up research funds and ongoing research support will be available
About the opportunity
Our Discipline of Finance is highly regarded (ranked, over the last few years, in the top 20 in the world by QS World Rankings) and is highly collegial. As the successful applicant, you will join a dynamic group in a highly supportive research environment. Current research covers banking, behavioural finance, corporate finance, derivatives, international finance, investments, quantitative finance, real estate finance, risk management and security market microstructure. You will teach in a large course work program for both undergraduates and postgraduates.
We are seeking applicants for the position of Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Finance with research expertise in Finance, Banking or closely related fields.
In this position you will:
- teach units at undergraduate and postgraduate levels to culturally-diverse student cohorts, and provide curriculum development
- contribute to the research strengths of the discipline, including the pursuit of research grants and regular publication in journals of high standing
- supervise higher degree research students
- be involved in interdisciplinary collaborations within the University and with external stakeholders
- contribute to academic administration.
The selection criteria for this role are available for viewing in the candidate information pack accessible at the bottom of this job advertisement.
This position is your opportunity to join a high calibre, dynamic group that is well resourced, very research active and teaches a wide variety of banking and finance courses that attract the very best students from Australia and internationally.
The University of Sydney Business School has an outstanding international reputation in management research, learning, development of resources, and journal publishing and works in close cooperation with industry, government and the not-for-profit sectors. We are situated in a new state-of-the-art learning environment which, in the highly competitive global market for business education, will further enhance our ability to attract the best and brightest students, staff and researchers from around the world.
The Business School is regarded as a leader in the region, and is one of the very few Australian schools to hold business and accounting accreditation from AACSB International and EQUIS accreditation from the European Foundation for Management Development. It is also the only Australian member school of CEMS, the Community of European Management Schools & International Companies.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence.
Important information about the application process:
- The closing date is 18 December 2017 (11:30pm Sydney time), late applications will not be accepted.
- AFA interviews: Preliminary interviews will be conducted at the AFA conference in Philadelphia from 5-7 January 2018.. Further short-listed candidates will be invited for a campus visit and a formal on-campus/Skype interview at the University of Sydney Business School, Sydney, Australia in January/February 2017. Final decisions will be made shortly after campus visits.
- For those candidates who are not attending the AFA conference, they may be Skype interviewed during the interview period at the AFA (5-7 Jan 2018, US EST) and may be included in subsequent campus visits.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number for more information and to apply.
18 December 2017 (11:30pm Sydney time)
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.