Assistant or Associate Professor, Risk Management and Insurance, Haskayne School of Business
The Haskayne School of Business at the University of Calgary invites applications for a continuing appointment in Risk Management and Insurance at the level of Assistant Professor, Tenure-track or Associate Professor with Tenure. Applications are encouraged in any of the fields related to risk management and insurance such as (or including) enterprise risk management, financial risk, credit risk, commodity risk, financial services, financial planning, pensions, employee benefits and actuarial science. The appointment will commence July 1, 2018, or at a mutually agreeable date.
Candidates must have:
- A completed doctorate degree in risk management/insurance, finance, economics, actuarial science, or other closely related field;
- A strong record of research commensurate with the professorial rank desired that includes at least one publication in a top peer-reviewed, relevant academic journal.
- A demonstrated capability in graduate- and undergraduate-level teaching and willingness to undertake graduate student supervision;
- A demonstrated willingness to provide service to the university and to interact with the business community in risk management, insurance and/or personal finance
Key requirements of the position include:
- research and knowledge dissemination;
- teaching at the graduate and undergraduate levels;
- securing research funding;
- working with colleagues on interdisciplinary research initiatives, programme development and implementation; and,
- engagement with local, national and international professional and other communities.
Research support is offered to all new hires.
Applicants at the assistant professor rank will demonstrate the desire and potential to be a teacher in a professional faculty and provide evidence of past and/or potential excellence in scholarship.
Applicants at the associate professor rank must have a minimum of 3 years experience in an academic position focused in an area related to risk management and insurance; provide evidence of past teaching effectiveness in a professional faculty; provide evidence that the individual is a sound scholar and is likely to continue making meaningful, high-impact research contributions in top peer-reviewed, business related academic journals.
Accredited by AACSB International, the Haskayne School of Business is a progressive and innovative business school. Our mission is to create and communicate knowledge of critical significance, while contributing to the development of our students as leaders of moral character with professional ability equal to the best in their field. With 3,500 full and part-time students currently enrolled in bachelor's, master's, PhD and executive education programs, the business school boasts more than 18,000 alumni in 60 countries around the globe.
Interested individuals are asked to submit their curriculum vitae and three letters of reference.
Electronic submission and communication is preferred. Application materials should be sent to email@example.com.
When only hard copies of some documents are available, they should be sent to:
Barbara Merlihan, Administrative Assistant
Risk Management and Insurance Selection Committee
Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary
2500 University Drive NW
Calgary, AB, Canada T2N 1N4
Review of applications will begin on August 31, 2017, however the position will remain open until filled. Please note that recruitment committee representatives with be at the 2017 American Risk and Insurance Association (ARIA) Annual Meeting in Toronto, August 6-9 to meet with interested candidates.
For more information and to apply online, visit the following university career page URL.
The University of Calgary recognizes that a diverse staff/faculty benefits and enriches the work, learning and research experiences of the entire campus and greater community. We are committed to removing barriers that have been historically encountered by some people in our society. We strive to recruit individuals who will further enhance our diversity and will support their academic and professional success while they are here. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. In this connection, at the time of your application, please answer the following question: Are you a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada? (Yes/No)