Moody’s Analytics helps capital markets and risk management professionals worldwide respond to an evolving marketplace with confidence. The company offers unique tools and best practices for measuring and managing risk through expertise and experience in credit analysis, economic research and financial risk management. By providing leading-edge software, advisory services, and research, including the proprietary analysis of Moody’s Investors Service, Moody’s Analytics integrates and customizes its offerings to address specific business challenges. Moody's Analytics is a subsidiary of Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO), has 2,700 employees, located in 24 offices across the globe.
Moody’s Analytics has nearly 4,000 clients located in 130 countries. These clients represent some of the world’s most important commercial banks, insurers, asset managers and other financial firms. Our sales to these clients produce over $1 billion per year. Further information is available at www.moodysanalytics.com.
We trace our roots to Moody’s KMV Research group, a pioneer in quantification of credit risk. We construct quantitative models that estimate default and recovery risk, price credit instruments, enable credit portfolio management, assess commercial real estate risk, and facilitate asset and liability management. Our objective is to create models that are accurate and forward-looking, yet practical, robust, and transparent.
As a Research Associate, you will have the opportunity to join our Quantitative Research team in San Francisco or New York which has a rich history of providing leading edge research and thought leadership in the credit risk arena. As a part of this team, you will assist us to continue our innovation in credit risk research.
Locations: Research Associate position opportunities are available in San Francisco and New York Moody’s Corporation locations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conducting sophisticated theoretical and empirical research on measurements of credit risk, fixed income valuation, commercial real estate research, and enterprise risk management;
- Coordinating with financial researchers and data analysts on research projects;
- Providing research support to the firm's prototype implementation and software development activities;
- Assisting our marketing and client service teams and clients on the education and implementation of risk management technology;
- Present research findings to technical and non-technical audiences internally and externally.
- Ph. D., or have completed all coursework required by a Ph.D. program, in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or a closely related field;
- 2+ years of research experience;
- Experience with statistical analysis and programming tools such as R, Python, or Matlab;
- Experience with Compustat, CRSP or other related financial databases;
- Experience with Machine Learning, AI and their applications in economics and finance is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
For more information on Moody’s Analytics please visit:
Our Research Group: http://www.moodysanalytics.com/Insight/Quantitative-Research.aspx
We will be conducting interviews at the AFA/ASSA meetings in Philadelphia, PA
January 5-7, 2018
Interested applicants should submit the following:
1. Curriculum vitae and cover letter
2. Copy of dissertation proposal or a completed
dissertation and copies of relevant research papers
3. Reference letters if you have them
** Please email the requested items to Moody's at CampusRecruiting@moodys.com
**Must indicate in the subject line "Research Associate AEA” to be considered for the opportunity.
Deadline: November 17, 2017
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V. Moody's takes pride in maintaining a balanced and diverse workforce and actively seeks out people who enrich our talent pool.